Schneider Electric Sustainability Business has an exciting opportunity to join our global team as a Consultant in the Global Environmental Commodities Operations team.
The Environmental Commodities Consultant joins a team of experienced professionals in commodity procurement and advisory services supporting many of the largest organizations in the world with global strategy and procurement of EACs (GOs, REGOs, RECs, I-RECs, TIGRs, J-Credits etc), and Voluntary Carbon Offsets. This Consultant position works in partnership with the Manager responsible for EMEA and APAC EACs (GOs, REGOs, I-RECs and national credits), assisting specifically with GOs and REGOs (Europe and UK markets)
and engages with our Cleantech business development and delivery teams.
This may involve single location procurement events or the development of complex and ongoing go to market global strategies and processes. In addition, this position supports our internal administration of contracts, document management, database management and other internal systems.
You will be predominantly working from home in this role, but some travel may be required to join conferences and trade fairs on occasions. What do you get to do in this position?
- Build and maintain expertise for environmental commodities, monitor market developments, pricing, availability, and sources of supply
- Support and perform Commodity Procurement Exercises - engage globally with renewable energy project developers, commodity brokers, and other market participants in identifying solutions for Schneider clients
- Engage with Business Development - supporting the efforts of our teams across the world in understanding options and strategies for environmental commodity procurement
- Develop appropriate documentation for Clients - providing our clients with appropriate evidence of their purchases and tracking support within global registries.
- Contribute to environmental commodity and cleantech consulting projects and recurring services, provide expertise and advisory to corporate clients seeking to implement scope 1,2, and 3 solutions via environmental commodity procurement.
- Supplier Database Management- maintaining and developing relationships with suppliers around the world and Commodity Database Management - maintaining internal commodity information as well as customer facing global market updates
- Registry delivery validating/auditing - Communicating with third party registries to ensure our clients cancellations or retirements are properly executed
- When requested: Invoice approvals and Contract Administration - working with finance team to ensure invoices from suppliers are correct and ready to pay, sending contracts, routing for review/signature, Salesforce tracking and other back-office tasks
- College diploma or degree (preferably in Sustainability or related subjects) or equivalent experience for a number of years in a similar role in Environmental Commodities markets such as Renewable Energy certificates, EAC procurement (GOs and REGOs), Corporate Sustainability / Social Responsibility
- Proven track record of being successful in all elements of a procurement role
- Organizational skills, good attention to detail, and successful experience managing data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate in a Microsoft Office environment (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture, and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are proudly participating in the Disability Confident Program offering support to people in the workplace who consider themselves living with a disability.What we offer you:
Competitive salary & Bonus Scheme, 28 Days Annual Leave + Public Holidays, Holiday Buy & Sell programme, Pension Scheme, Employee Share Ownership Programme, Various Health & Wellbeing Support Options, Gym Flex, Open Talent Market (internal mobility opportunities + access to mentors & projects globally), Shopping & Dining Discounts, Learning Portal and much more.Apply now:
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.Why us?
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€34bn global revenue
128 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.