THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers . Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients' brands globally.
We're powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it's this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We're always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you're ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you. Location: Icon 1, M90 5AA About Central Functions
Central Functions is formed of the teams and people that serve the entire business. These people are integral to the smooth running of the business; ensuring everyone is paid on time, that materials are sourced and arrive promptly, that we meet our legal obligations and that our health, safety, and security is safeguarded. About the Role and THG x Planet Earth
THG has recently published its 2030 sustainability Strategy - THG x Planet Earth, with the long-term goal of leaving the world better than we found it by utilising our unique capacity for innovation and incorporating sustainability into every decision we make. We are recruiting for an experienced Head of Sustainability - Environmental Compliance & ESG to work with and support packaging teams across the Group to fulfil our packaging compliance obligations, and will report into the Chief Sustainability Officer. This is an exciting new opportunity where you will be responsible for managing and implementing THG's packaging compliance and sustainable packaging strategy as well as overseeing THG's Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) obligations across the Group. Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and lead THG's Group-wide actions and manage external compliance obligations such as UK Plastics Tax, Extended producer responsibility PRN submissions, EU recycling logo compliance and Deposit Return Schemes
- Work with all THG packaging teams to develop, advocate and advance a progressive compliance and sustainable packaging strategy for THG.
- Development of a multiyear plan to reduce the environmental impact of our packaging.
- Work with THG packaging teams to track and report on progress with regards to the implementation of the compliance & sustainable packaging strategy and track against stated goals via key metrics and aligned with the Group's objectives
- Involvement with projects related to packaging waste reduction and improving recyclability of packaging, increasing recycled content across relevant packaging substrates
- Support categories on the implementation on packaging sustainability roadmaps and on recycling labelling requirements and recyclability assessments
- Define and deliver clear plans to action and address any areas of risk
- Lead on the delivery of THG's external voluntary commitments - such as the UK Plastics Pact
- Lead the development of ESG regulatory horizon scanning and implementation of workstreams across the THG business operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Material Science, Packaging Engineering, Sustainability Management, or similar
- At least 5+ years' experience in leadership roles in packaging sustainability and packaging technology; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position.
- Interaction with or experience working in plastic packaging recycling organizations.
- Understanding of packaging trends and waste/recycling regulations globally and the ability to translate any risks and opportunities into an effective action plan.
- A proven track record of driving innovation, project management, and leadership skills, while performing in a fast paced, commercial environment.
- Strong communication skills and experience in interacting confidently with senior leadership teams
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym Discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.