Company DescriptionJob Description
We invite you to bring your passion for making a positive impact in environmental and sustainability performance, and your experience of managing environmental issues in industrial processes and facilities, into play as part of Ramboll's Compliance, Strategy and Transactions team. We can give you an exciting opportunity to work across a wide range of industrial facilities and sectors to assess environmental compliance and support our clients in operational and transactions advisory situations.
To succeed in this role, you will have a well-developed understanding, based on first-hand experience, of the breadth of environmental risks and issues relevant to industrial operations, and the UK and relevant European regulatory compliance obligations to manage these. Experience of undertaking this role within an environmental consultancy or as an in-house environmental manager in an industrial/manufacturing sector organisation is essential. Knowledge of health and safety compliance would be advantageous but not critical.
We can offer you the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge you have gained in previous roles and use them in transactional due diligence assignments and compliance projects. You will play an important role in the delivery of Ramboll's leading transactions and compliance advisory practice and will be working on technically challenging and interesting projects for high calibre clients as part of an enthusiastic, collaborative and highly experienced global consulting team, at the same time as gaining an understanding of commercial M&A transactions structures and how environmental issues are assessed and managed during these projects.
The role also provides an opportunity to gain knowledge and skills in a wider range of services, including ESG, sustainability and carbon advisory, and health and safety, as these services become more mainstream in our transactions and compliance advisory work.
Candidates can be based within a reasonable distance of any of our main office locations as we offer hybrid flexible working.
Are you our new Senior/Principal Consultant in Environmental Compliance and Transactions Advisory? Click the apply-button to send your application.Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? Sustainable practices have been part of Ramboll's DNA since the company's inception. We are dedicated to taking a leading role in sharing best practices and creating value for clients by delivering solutions that are environmentally, economically, and socially sustainable. Our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.You will join our Compliance, Strategy and Transactions department:
As our new Senior/Principal Consultant in Environmental Compliance and Transactions Advisory you will be part of a friendly and fast-growing team providing environmental compliance and transactions support to leading national and multi-national clients. You will have the opportunity to work with and learn from diverse clients across a wide range of sectors including manufacturing, commercial, energy, and technology. No two projects are ever the same: whether it's designing and delivering a compliance programme for a multinational data centre operator, supporting the acquisition of a new site into a global pharmaceutical company, or supporting the divestiture of a group of food manufacturing sites from its private equity holding company, we help clients achieve their plans whilst applying a high level of environmental control. As part of the Ramboll family, we are integral to the delivery of multi-disciplinary projects both at home and abroad, and increasingly contribute to wide ranging Environmental Social and Governance strategies and assignments.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
Your starting point for constant growth
- Through a combination of desk-top research, site visits to UK facilities, and interviews with client or target company representatives, identifying, assessing, and succinctly communicating environmental risks, compliance requirements and status, and performance improvement opportunities, to allow consideration by Ramboll's clients and their stakeholders as part of transactions or compliance assurance projects.
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments, regulations, and standards in environmental management and assessment, and effectively communicating these to our wider team
- Supporting proposal/tender preparation and management of appropriately complex projects, with the support of a senior project owner.
- Supporting the development of, and maintaining, trusted relationships with our clients to build long-term sustainable relationships, through being responsive, professional, and proactive.
- Building working relationships and collaborating widely with our international teams which will enhance your opportunities to work on a wide range of projects and rapidly develop your international environmental knowledge and experience.
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Demonstrable first-hand experience of assessing industrial/manufacturing facilities' compliance against applicable UK and European environmental legislation, and the potential for environmental impacts at those facilities, likely gained through a similar role in environmental consultancy or via an in-house environmental manager role in an industrial sector organisation.
- Comprehensive understanding of the environmental regulatory regime applied across the UK, including relevant European regulations.
- The ability to think beyond the obvious 'here and now' compliance requirements and identify and assess the 'what if' scenarios and questions to consider the potential short-to-medium term environmental compliance requirements, risks, and impacts, and advise our clients on these.
- Proficient in identifying environmental risks and liabilities and putting these into context.
- Excellent report writing skills, including the ability to present technical findings, risks, and recommendations succinctly and clearly.
- Project or task management experience, including experience of working to schedules, budgets, and quality standards.
- Experience of, and enthusiasm for, working as part of a team and playing a key role to collectively meet objectives and targets.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
- Investigative mindset with a desire to analyse and understand a situation and develop appropriate improvement or mitigation recommendations.
- The ability to look beyond the obvious data and dig deeper to sense check and confirm.
- Desire to learn and strengthen existing knowledge.
- Willingness to take on new challenge.
- Dependable, self-aware and a good communicator.
- Conscientious and ability to respond to challenges creatively.
- Ability to manage time effectively and delegate to junior colleagues.
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world's leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Ramboll is ranked a Top 10 consultant in the UK and has 1,150 bright minds working across 16 offices to apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health and Energy. We love seeing our talents develop and succeed and you will have opportunities to work on challenging and inspiring projects within an environment that is friendly, open, and supportive.
Ramboll offers the opportunity to be part of a dynamic organisation in the rapidly growing Engineering and Consultancy sector in the UK. We offer a competitive salary, alongside 27 days holiday per year, private medical insurance, and flexible working.How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.QualificationsAdditional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.