The purpose of this role is to imagine, create, and facilitate the delivery of a market leading sustainability strategy at one of London's most historical landmark estates and wider real estate portfolio across the Capital. The opportunity is to develop a transformative sustainability strategy across aspects including net zero carbon, occupier engagement, building certifications, legislative compliance and wellbeing. The successful candidate will feel empowered to work directly with the Client's sustainability, development, and asset management specialists in the implementation of an estate-wide master plan and in delivery of the 'future-proof' blueprint across of the wider portfolio footprint.
This is a rare opportunity to work in a client focussed role for a leading global real estate manager that places sustainability at the heart of its strategy, being the proud custodians of some of the most sustainable buildings in the World. This role would suit a high-energy, creative, and people-based personality passionate about delivering real-world sustainability impact. Responsibilities
- To imagine, create, and facilitate the delivery of a market leading sustainability strategy at one of London's most historical landmark estates and wider real estate portfolio across the Capital. The opportunity is to develop a transformative sustainability strategy across aspects including net zero carbon, community impact, tenant engagement, green infrastructure, green travel, and wellbeing.
- Teaming up with the Property, Facilities, Customer Experience, Building and Client Asset Management and Development Teams to oversee the coordination and delivery of an estate-wide master plan and in delivery of the 'future-proof' blueprint across of the wider portfolio footprint
- Fostering partnerships with, and a community amongst, occupiers (our 'Customers') by developing a strategic alignment around sustainability focus areas with a view to deliver maximum sustainability impact.
- Project manage and deliver a holistic sustainability programme through making meaningful relationships with various project stakeholders.
- Be a change-maker in the development of sustainability best practice via the maintenance, development, communication and implementation thereof. Managing elements of and feeding into the monthly/quarterly sustainability performance and exception reporting dashboards; reporting on the property portfolio, liaising with broader teams to ensure timely and accurate delivery and support production of annual reporting requirements and take responsibility for asset level data collection.
- Work in tandem with client delivery team and sustainability business function to project manage and deliver various programmes of work. Likewise, supporting the production of various internal and external data reporting requirements/outputs; for example, corporate annual reporting and internal performance management reporting.
- Contribute to Sustainability team best practice via maintenance, development, communication and implementation thereof.
The successful candidate should have a holistic knowledge of sustainability in real estate, be a change-maker, and have excellent programme management skills with the determination to deliver a market leading sustainability programme. Qualifications
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Good level of knowledge/experience within a sustainability discipline / consultancy. Experience specifically within sustainable real estate an advantage.
- Holds or working towards a professional qualification within Sustainability and ESG, Engineering or Environment.
We are proud to offer award-winning benefits to support and reward our employees:
- Customer orientated; excellent communicator and presenter with an ability to develop lasting and effective relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Background of effective client relationship management and an evident passion for Sustainability.
- Proven success with collaborating and influencing teams / clients to deliver results with a strong attention to detail and produces work to a high, consistent and accurate level.
- Experience of working with sustainability data, including knowledge of energy, water, waste & carbon to prepare findings reports and presentations.
- Fully able to coordinate inflows of ESG data and initiatives for reporting via client specified SaaS (Sustainability software as a Service) platform
- Excellent time management to suit a proficient and highly motivated and able multi-tasker, who is competent at delivering work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Completely IT literate with high level of competence in Microsoft Excel
- Industry awareness of organisations, polices and frameworks such as BBP, UKGBC and related themes not limited to net zero carbon and social impact
- Experience of engaging with and influencing clients challenging subjects such as net zero carbon buildings, circular economy, building energy performance and optimisation is an advantage.
- Line management experience and ability to lead a small team.
- Experience in social value strategy/measurement, Net Zero strategy, GRESB and Green Building Certifications would be an advantage.
- Heath & Leisure: Private medical cover, 27 days annual leave + public holidays (the option of purchasing up to 5 additional days via flex benefits), car allowance, health screening, gym discounts, wellbeing support, volunteering opportunities, cycle to work scheme, eye care voucher, travel & retail discounts, travel insurance, concierge service, kids pass, open fairways golf card, great company culture and social events (including sports teams, charity events, art pass), perks at work
- Financial: Pension, life assurance at 8 x basic salary, group income protection, long term disability insurance, interest free season ticket loan, bonus scheme - you will be eligible to participate in the Company's Bonus Scheme, share incentive plan, financial and mortgage advice