What will I be doing?
To provide advice, guidance, support and recommendations to the regional management team and ensure all activities are undertaken in full compliance with Group requirements for environment and industrial risk, sustainable development, environmental permits and legislation, ISO standards with required certifications including:
What are the requirements?
- Environment and industrial risk reporting
- Major risk reporting.
- Mist 2 Programme (managing industrial safety together).
- Management of significant non compliances at regional level.
- Production of monthly report.
- Assist in the Management and update of the Group IRM -Insurance Risk Management Platform for the UK.
- Training and briefing of EIR issues across all levels of the business.
Who we are
- Degree or equivalent in Environmental Sciences.
- Professional membership of relevant bodies in order to keep up to date with the latest standards.
- At least five years' knowledge of Management Systems is essential. Environment permits require all activities to be undertaken to 'best available techniques' (BAT) and thus the post holder needs to keep abreast of changes within all activities of the industry and to ensure sustained accreditation to ISO 9000, 14000 and 18000 standards.
- A detailed understanding of project management approaches. The work requires good project management skills to ensure the correct information is provided within the statutory timescales.
- Knowledge of legal reporting requirements for example waste return, energy efficiency, permit requirements.
SUEZ recycling and recovery UK is a forward-thinking company recognised as one of the top places in the UK to work. We are proud of the fantastic opportunities for personal growth and development we offer our people. As we continue to develop and grow, you can play an important part in the essential work we are doing to make businesses and communities more sustainable.
Working at SUEZ recycling and recovery UK is not like most jobs - it means striving to secure our planet's resources and being part of the resource revolution. By joining us, you will help to safeguard the environment and the public through essential waste and water management services, contribute to the sustainable development of communities, businesses and regions, and promote the emerging low-carbon circular economy.
With a raft of benefits, family-friendly policies and excellent remuneration packages, there's never been a better time to join SUEZ recycling and recovery UK. A friendly and supportive place that you will love to work in, we believe creativity, clear communication and our drive for excellence are the keys to our success. If you share our thinking - and have the qualities we're looking for - you could play a big part in our dedicated team.
To find out more or apply, please complete the application form and attach your CV. *No agencies please*