JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you've got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you're looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
The core role of the HSE Manager is to work with the Head of HSE Risk Operations in delivering the overarching health and safety compliance objectives and KPI's identified in the JLL / client Management Services Agreement (MSA).
The role will support the operational site-based teams with the delivery of key objectives in the transition of risk management platforms and integration of risk management systems accredited to ISO45001.
The HSE Manager will be directly responsible for HSE monitoring, risk management and auditing the health, safety and environmental management activities to agreed performance standards.
In particular, the focus will be collaborative working with the site management team, surveying team and service partners to drive compliance performance and best practice.
The role will also require an element of training management and delivery, as JLL offer comprehensive induction and refresher training to staff.ACCOUNTABILITIES Client Service
To understand the Management Services Agreement (MSA) and ensure that JLL liabilities are being managed in relation to health, safety and environment issues.Risk Management
HS Management / Audit Programme
- Ensuring that operational site teams are managing the risks identified, providing support and advice where needed
- Ensuring the risk management platform is kept up to date and operating within agreed parameters
- Interrogation of our risk management platform (Vision by JLL) including running regular reports and working with the HSE Team, site team and service partners in managing the compliance risks to conclusion
- Providing risk liability reports and support where necessary
- Ensuring that accidents and incidents are being reported and investigated in accordance with the agreed operational procedures, overseeing and providing practical guidance on root cause analysis
- As part of the HSE team to help manage any serious incidents at sites to a conclusion, leading the investigations where necessary and reporting to the management team on issues and root cause they may need to address, and where required work with enforcement agencies
- Reviewing audit results and reporting on trends to the Head of Risk Operations
- Ensuring effective communication plans are developed and delivered as required
- Assisting in the review and production of technical HSE operating documents and best practice guidance information to ensure compliance with latest guidance
- To monitor and work with external Health, Safety, Security and Environmental consultants to make sure the liabilities of JLL are being adequately identified, addressed, managed, and are cost effective. Report non-compliance with agreed practices to the Head of HSE Risk Operations Lead
- Undertake audits of sites with site-based teams in accordance with agreed work programmes and criteria
- Support the site-based teams to ensure they have effective risk mitigation controls in place
- Ensuring that any outgoing properties have had an audit carried out within that service charge year
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Work with the Head of Risk Operations to maintain a training needs analysis for the portfolio, identifying relevant training provision and assist with tracking.
- Facilitate training courses and update briefings as required.
- Coordinate the delivery of regular training sessions to various operational management teams
- Undertake any other training duties as required by the Head of HSE Risk Operations
- NEBOSH General and Fire Diploma level 6 or Equivalent
- Member of IOSH is essential, CMIOSH or Grad IOSH working towards CMIOSH
- Experience in training and facilitating courses
- Practical understanding of residential property management would be an advantage
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook essential - working with database platforms and integration of such systems useful
- Strong numerical and report writing skills
- Must be customer-service driven and have excellent communication skills
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills who interacts effectively with colleagues and clients
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision when necessary
- Ability to work under pressure, manage time and assist the team in meeting deadlines
- Contractor management experience
- Practical safety management leadership
- Problem solving, critical and logical thinking
Hybrid -London, GBR
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet all the requirements. We're interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!About JLL
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.