Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity's most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture. Job Description
Syngenta Crop Protection is building a new team to manage product authorizations in EU member states through outsourcing partners for submission creation, post submission questions and achieving registrations.
We are looking for an Ecotoxicology
Technical Quality Manager to form an important part of this new team, to ensure all technical aspects involved in the product submission dossier build (outsourced to external partners) align with internal Syngenta positions. This will allow projects to have the best chance of Regulatory success.
This role will give the candidates an opportunity to be at the start of designing a new business model. To use their creativity to do something new, to be a member of a new team and be a part of shaping the future ways of working of Syngenta. It will also increase their working networks across Product Safety (PS) and engage with multiple stakeholders, use new knowledge and approaches developed across PS and integrate them into the Alliance projects.Accountabilities:
The Beta Alliance team has been developed to work collaboratively and strategically with selected CRO (Contract Research Organisations) partners to deliver the Syngenta product renewal (PR) programmes of work. Due to the size of the PR programmes, we are looking for novel approaches and delivery processes to ensure the success of the organization.
The Technical Quality Manager will play a key role in the formation of the Beta Alliance team and will be accountable and responsible for:
- Ensuring the delivery of Beta Alliance projects outputs are to the appropriate technical standard to support EU business objectives from an environmental safety perspective.
- Act as a dedicated technical point of contact for Beta Alliance (aligned to Environmental Safety/Ecotoxicology technical expertise) between Syngenta and outsourcing partners for the handling of technical requests and technical quality from outsourcing partners.
- Identifying development and training needs on outsourcing partner side and liaise within the Beta Alliance team and wider Environmental Safety organisation as appropriate to provide training.
- Confirming technical project strategies align with existing and developing Syngenta internal positions and work with Beta Alliance team to ensure that any deviations are appropriately approved and recorded.
- Maintaining awareness and understanding of techno-regulatory guidelines and issues across all EU portfolios and advise projects accordingly.
- Providing oversight of the quality of the final dossier using developed and agreed quality checks.
- Ensuring appropriate management and two-way sharing of technical and techno-regulatory knowledge between Syngenta and CRO that may impact regulatory success of EU product submissions.
- Collaborating with the environmental safety platform to agree and review appropriate technical standards, governance processes, guidelines implementation and quality standards. Keep the Beta Alliance organisation updated on key Syngenta technical positions.
- Ensuring the resourcing and planning aspects from both the CRO, the Syngenta internal organisation (hand over documents) and the internal processes for access to key technical knowledge are aligned.
To be successful in this role we require extended knowledge of regulatory and Environmental Ecotoxicology in the EU. Along with extensive experience of environmental safety activities to support commercial products in a dynamic and changing environment.
You will take pride in the delivery of quality work to tight timelines and to business needs, be able to think critically with a process driven approach. The position offers the opportunity to build internal and external networks therefore effective communication skills are necessary.
Very good knowledge of good agricultural practices and use of crop protection products in the EU. Additional Information
In return for your skills and knowledge Syngenta will offer:
Whilst this role offers a competitive base pay, at Syngenta we value total reward which includes the benefits we offer to our employees. We support well-being, offering comprehensive benefits including flexible working, generous holiday entitlement, discretionary bonus scheme, competitive pension scheme, private medical insurance, employee assistance programme.
- We will provide training and support in risk assessment
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees
- Role is based in our Jealott's Hill site in Bracknell
We embrace and encourage diversity, and this is what drives our innovation and lets us outperform the market. https://www.syngenta.com/careers/working-syngenta/diversity-and-inclusion
#LI-MO1 Videos To Watch