A Snapshot of Your Day
The Project Environmental Health and Safety Manager (EHS MiP) is responsible for supporting and providing competent advice to Sales, Proposals, Bids and the relevant Project Manager in ensuring that all relevant EHS aspects and resource requirements at each step of an assigned project are identified and evaluated in accordance with internal Siemens Energy requirements.
This role is based in Scotland and will involve travelling to different sites and areas in Scotland.
How You'll Make an Impact
• Supports the Project Manahger in updating the EHS risk evaluation and ensure that all EHS- related information and documents are properly handed over to the execution project manager.
• Participate in an initial inspection of the site / installation and construction environment and additionally drafts the project Construction Phase Plan and secondary plans such as Local Emergency Response Plan, Traffic Management Plan, etc.
• Update and finalise the Construction Phase Plan and secondary plans, cross-checking that the Plans cover all requirements from the Client and SE EHS Management System and ensure that it adequately sets out the project systems for controlling, organising, monitoring and reviewing arrangements in place to protect the environment and people.
• Support in the ensuring that all dangerous goods activities within the project are in compliance with the applicable national and international dangerous goods regulations, including reshipments concerning wrong/defect deliveries or shipments in connection with disposal.
• To support, compile monthly reports and undertake investigations throughout the construction/installation phase, commissioning phase and project closure phase.
What You Bring
• Hold a Diploma or equivalent in Health & Safety Management.
• A diploma or equivalent in Environmental Management would be desirable.
• Detailed knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation pertaining to large construction projects including legislation applicable to both offshore and onshore operations.
• Experience in undertaking audits of supplier organisations and supporting standards - ISO45001, ISO14001.
• Experience in developing and fulfilling the EHS arrangements for Principal Contractor on projects where the Construction Design and Management (CDM) regulations apply
• Other desirable competencies include CDM Awareness, BESC, National Grid Person, CCNSG Passport, Accident investigation, Safety by Design, Fire safety and be a IOSH Chartered Member.
• Experience with supervisory or line management responsibilities would also be desirable.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 94,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we're also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character - no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.