Regional HSE Manager - Midlands & South
Areas of Interest
Birmingham - England - United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Bristol - England - United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, London - England - United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Southampton - England - United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Job Title:
Regional HSE Manager, CBRE Property Management UK Location:
Midlands and SouthRole Purpose:
Deliver and implement the CBRE Health, Safety and Environmental and Quality Strategy for the UK, engaging with property related Clients and stakeholders. Deliver measurable improvements in health, safety and environmental performance engaging and supporting operational teams across the organisation.
The role reports directly to Head of Health and Safety with a dotted line to a Management Services Operational Director, providing guidance and support to their region/business function.Key Responsibilities
- Champion the ongoing improvements of CBRE's safety and environmental management systems in accordance with the requirements of ISO 45001 and ISO 14001and 5001 and PAS99, ensuring delivery of continued accreditations for the Company and Clients.
- Conduct gap analysis visits and reports, on site reviews, and ensure the programme of external surveillance audits is up to date.
- To support the HSE Department by undertaking HSE audits, inspections and site visits as required to assist property management teams in achieving and maintaining relevant HSE compliance standards and accreditations.
- To advise people within buildings on HSE management system issues and influence a change in approach when compliance gaps are identified.
- Identify and track trends and work with the property management teams to mitigate high risk items.
- Help develop health safety and environmental procedures in conjunction with the HSE team and ensure operational and regional staff are made aware of new processes.
- Ensure policies, procedures and guidance is followed and evolved to support the delivery of the CBRE HSE and Client objectives.
- Monitor and report on HSE performance and compliance against HSE and Client specific targets and attend Client meetings where required.
- To review reported incidents and support the FM teams in serious H&S investigations.
- Monitor changes in legislation and best practice to ensure continuing legal compliance and best practice in the UK.
- Attend regional team meetings and provide health and safety briefings to increase HSE awareness and engagement.
- Advise on control of contractors, ensuring contractors are audited to confirm adherence to our processes and their safe working procedures.
- Provide support and technical advice to the Property Management and Facilities teams to enable them to undertake their roles and responsibilities for health, safety and the environment.
- Liaise and support property management teams to ensure proactive compliance with on-line health and safety management systems.
- Conversant with ISO 14001, 45001systems.
- Experience of operating in a complex, commercial environment of mixed-use property portfolio or Managing Agent Environment.
- Ability to understand and analyse information to be able to recommend informed solutions to problems.
- Competent IT skills and Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work with internal and external contacts at all management levels.
- High level of professionalism, with an appetite for improving standards to an exceptionally and consistently high level with the ability to lead as an ambassador in promoting a health, safety and environmental culture.
- Able to work effectively alone and as part of a multi-functional team.
- NEBOSH - General Certificate (or equivalent)
- Grad IOSH - desired