Areas of Interest
Health and Safety/Environment
Milton Keynes - England - United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are currently searching for HSE Advisor to join our team located in Milton Keynes.About the Role:
As a CBRE HSE Advisor, you will assist in the management of Environmental, Health, and Safety programs relative to a large market area.
This job is part of the Environment Health and Safety function. They are responsible for organizational programs and procedures to safeguard employees and surrounding communities.What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Manage HSE programs and initiatives to meet regulatory requirements and needs of client accounts.
- Review data and provide guidance on performance, compliance, concerns, and improvement to account management and market area.
- Oversee process for monitoring injury, illness, and incident-related performance within the assigned account and market area.
- Execute plans, playbooks, and procedures for the assigned account or market area.
- Establish work schedules and assign work to staff members.
- Apply general knowledge of standard principles and techniques/procedures to accomplish assigned tasks and solve routine problems.
- Have a broad knowledge of own job discipline and some knowledge of several job disciplines within the function.
- Lead by example and model behaviors that are consistent with CBRE RISE values. May convince to reach an agreement.
- Impact the quality of own work and the work of others on the team.
- Work primarily within standardized procedures and practices to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Explain complex information to others in straightforward situations.
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred with 2-5 years of relevant experience. In lieu of a degree, a combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Certification in one of the following is preferred: Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM), or Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST).
- Understanding of existing procedures and standards to solve slightly complex problems.
- Ability to analyze possible solutions using technical experience to apply appropriate judgment and precedents.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Examples include Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Strong organizational skills with an inquisitive mindset.
- Advanced math skills. Ability to calculate complicated figures such as percentages, fractions, and other financial-related calculations.
As one of CBRE's core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world's largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry's top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune's "Most Admired Companies" for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "CBRE."Application Process:
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.#GWSEMEAQUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Minimum four years of HSE related experience.
Fundamental knowledge of federal, state and local health and safety, and environmental regulations preferred. Direct experience dealing with regulatory agencies and / or compliance officers is beneficial.CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
As required by local authority (if required). COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor. Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.FINANCIAL KNOWLEDGE
Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.REASONING ABILITY
Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Ability to follow detailed instructions and work with a sense of urgency.SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.