Flexible UK Locations Hybrid working under FlexFirst
At Centrica Business Solutions (CBS) we provide integrated energy solutions that deliver cost efficiency, resilience and accelerate our customers’ journeys to a low carbon future. We serve business and public sector organisations, increasingly focusing on delivering decarbonisation of power, heating and transport through our portfolio of solutions.
- To provide environmental support to Centrica Business Solutions in achieving its legal, business and corporate objectives.
- To support the operation and maintenance of environmental management systems, reporting and assurance processes in line with Centrica’s environmental policy and objectives.
- To implement and maintain compliance processes for Environmental Permits and UK Emissions Trading Scheme Permits in the UK.
- Enabling the enhancement of environmental performance across the CBS business through the implementation of controls, objectives and targets and establishment of monitoring and reporting processes.
- Working with stakeholders to establish and maintain systems for the implementation of compliance processes for Environmental Permits and UK Emissions Trading Scheme Permits in the UK.
- Enabling the timely and accurate reporting of environmental data through supporting/coordinating internal myHSES reporting duties and external compliance requirements.
- Supporting the development, deployment and maintenance of the environmental components of the CBS management system including ISO14001 certifications.
- Supporting the HSES assurance plan to ensure compliance through provision of environmental subject matter expertise in audit planning and execution.
- Working with stakeholders to define and manage delivery of environmental initiatives incorporating best practice and providing help and support to ensure compliance with all aspects of environmental legislation.
- Developing and where required, delivering environmental training and briefings.
- Playing a key part in the development of environmental initiatives in support of the business goals and strategy.
- Knowledge of relevant Environmental practices and legislation.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work to strict timely deadlines.
- High standard of communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships with managers and peers.
- Display good analytical skills and rational decision making.
- Highly motivated ‘leader of self’, ability to be proactive and pragmatic.
- Experience of Environmental Permit and UK Emissions Trading Scheme permit applications and compliance processes.
- Strong sector knowledge of best practice approaches to environmental management especially in waste management and minimization.
- Experience of developing/implementing ISO14001 certified Environmental management Systems.
- Advanced computer and system literacy and a good knowledge of environmental performance measurement and reporting.