Nature Positive Strategy Manager
- United Kingdom
- £44,100 - £65,100 + benefits
- Closing date
- 28 May 2023
- Environment , Environmental Management, Sustainability
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Base Location: Flexible UK & Ireland | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices in Scotland – Inverness, Aberdeen, Glasgow or Perth.
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
An exciting prospect to lead to lead a team of subject matter experts with oversight and responsibility for delivery of current and future Biodiversity, Natural Capital and Nature Positive strategy and targets across the wider Transmission business. This is an opportunity to develop our strategy to ensure SSEN Transmission is leading on Nature Positive in the UK.
Key responsibilities of the Nature Positive Strategy Manager include:
- Build and deliver action plans to ensure the timely delivery of Nature Positive commitments to cement SSEN Transmission as a recognised industry leader in Nature Positive best practice.
- Provide insight into International, UK and Scottish policy developments in relation to Nature Positive and effectively report on the implications, risks and opportunities of these.
- Coordinate the incorporation of different elements of the Nature Positive strategy (e.g. Biodiversity, Natural Capital, Finance, procurement/supply chain, operations, carbon/GHG) into the wider strategy and business implementation plans.
- Oversee the work of the Nature Positive team to design, establish and deliver new processes and ways of working to secure a step change in embedding Nature Positive into business decision making.
- Have oversight of robust and accurate monthly Nature KPIs (including Biodiversity net gain, Compensatory planting, Irreplaceable habitats, Natural Capital etc). Input into regulatory output reports and incentive submissions for Ofgem.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of implementing and embedding environmental/Nature based policy within a large corporation, across multiple directorates.
- Expertise on Nature Positive approaches including Biodiversity Enhancement, Nature-based Solutions, Natural Capital and value chain analysis.
- Ideally hold an Environmental related degree, preferably with post graduate qualification and significant experience in a relevant industry.
- Knowledge and experience of Scottish infrastructure consenting regimes (planning and environmental)
- Good stakeholder management skills to develop effective relationships and represent SSEN Transmission’s interests in government and industry forums.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie on email@example.com / 01738 342963.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert