Environment Manager (BBV)
- High Speed Two (HS2) Ltd
- Birmingham, West Midlands
- £36,300 - £45,350
- Closing date
- 5 Sep 2023
- Environment , Environmental Management
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Environment Manager (BBV)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Job Identification: 230054
Closing date: 5 September 2023, 11:59 PM
Job Schedule: Full time
Permanent or Fixed Term Contract: Permanent
Salary: “Base salary: £36,300 c. £45,350 pa depending on skills and experience. In addition, we offer flexible benefits fund of 15% which is paid on top of base salary and is fully pensionable, as well as a range of competitive benefits - check them out in the Benefits section on our website.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
As an Environment Manager you’ll provide professional and technical support in the assurance of achieving compliance with environmental minimum requirements, design and construction is in accordance with organisational and sponsor requirements and policies, environmental commitments, environmental law and regulations. This role is also responsible for providing guidance on environmental design solutions and ensuring environmental issues and constraints are key considerations in project design.
About the role:
- To be responsible for supporting technical assurance through production, checking and submission of assurance evidence for technical stage gates, assuring the design and construction of the assets comply with the technical and sponsor requirements, environmental commitments, environmental law and regulations;
- To be responsible for supporting the Senior Environment Manager in organising, coordinating and undertaking the environment element of the HS2 risk based technical assurance of the works performed and assured by the Integrated Project Teams (IPT );
- To be accountable for Authorising Mandatory Approvals: by assuring that contractor designs and construction works are undertaken in accordance with the Environmental Minimum Requirements (EMRs), with particular emphasis on the General Principles and the CoCP. (note - client assures consistency of application);
- To be accountable for managing and communicating HS2 Environment & Sustainability requirements to the Integrated Project Teams’ contractor; To be responsible for providing guidance for environmental design solutions for the asset and ensure that environmental issues and constraints are key considerations in project design;
- To be accountable for supporting the Senior Environment Manager with internal and external reporting of environmental matters;
- To be responsible for liaising with technical stakeholders via various forums at local, regional and national levels and the local community on sensitive issues;
- To be accountable for working alongside other technical specialists to develop appropriate and cost balanced mitigation strategies and solutions. Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Technical Leadership - Specialist technical support and leadership on all discipline-specific scientific, technical and environmental principles but, knowing when to seek further guidance from Subject Matter Expert or others.
- Decision Making - Ability to gather and synthesise information, identify options and apply judgement based on logic and reason and make use of a variety of analytical approaches to provide relevant information to suppliers, stakeholders and decision makers using key facts and data
- Understanding of the Regulatory/Legislative Framework relevant to HS2 Commercial awareness including understanding of cost delivery, schedule targets and the need to deliver an integrated solution that meets all functional requirements.
- Experience in managing standards, engineering and environmental activity on large complex major projects/programmes
- Experience of managing competing project, engineering and environmental demands, with cost and schedule implications
- The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.
Apply link - https://jobs.hs2.org.uk/#en/sites/CX_28/job/230054/?utm_medium=jobshare
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert