Principle/Associate Environmental Planner
- Pegasus Group
- Birmingham, West Midlands
- Closing date
- 24 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Environmental Planner to join our Environment team, ideally based in Canwell, Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham. Over the coming months we will be relocating to a new, larger premises in Lichfield which will bring all 88 of our colleagues together into one building.
We are flexible to consider Principal or Associate grades and those seeking Full or Part time working hours as we search for the best suited candidate to join our team. We provide a flexible and supportive working environment designed to help you reach your full potential and ensure a positive work life balance that suits your own individual needs.
Since 2003, Pegasus Group has grown consistently, enjoying a reputation in the market for excellence and delivery. We know we have achieved this through our excellent staff, and we ensure that individual contribution and achievements are recognised.
Our people are the foundation upon which our success is built, and we have no doubt that diversity is at the core of being a successful company. We value and empower our staff, and together we are building and maintaining a culture of inclusion and belonging that we have today. We care about each other, our communities around them and our clients and we want every single person in our community to be able to bring their authentic, best self to work every day.
What will you do.
You will take a lead on EIA project management and co-ordination in relation to a wide range of development types, along with delivering environmental statements and appraisals to programme and budget. Key tasks will include the management and coordination of multidisciplinary teams; working alongside the wider planning team; writing and editing screening requests, scoping requests and Environmental Statements (ES); auditing topic specialist ES chapters; and liaising with clients, local planning authorities and other statutory bodies.
Other planning duties to assist the delivery of wide-ranging planning consultancy services on nominated projects may also include public consultation, monitoring of planning applications and collation of evidence for appeals.
We’re with you every step of the way and we offer opportunities for learning and development to help support your career goals and ambitions and to be the best that you can be. To find out more on our projects and services in EIA click the link https://www.pegasusgroup.co.uk/our-expertise/environment/
What we expect of you.
We look for people who are passionate about creating sustainable and successful developments.
People who are empowered to make a difference in the communities we live in and collaborate with our clients, our teams and people in those communities to enhance their environments.
People who know that doing the right thing is important, to communicate openly even if that means having difficult conversations when providing trustworthy, honest advice.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise:
- Hold a relevant degree in Environmental Impact Assessment. A planning qualification would be advantageous. IEMA professional accreditation Strong track record in EIA co-ordination and leading large EIA projects across all sectors (specifically residential, commercial and energy sector). Proficient in coordinating multidisciplinary teams, writing and editing screening and scoping requests, auditing topic specific ES disciplines. Be able to liaise with clients, LPAs and other statutory bodies, and have longstanding good relationships with key clients in the industry. An in-depth knowledge of UK EIA legislation and UK planning system Demonstrate a strong portfolio of relevant experience through project examples and variety of clients in the industry Experience in residential and commercial sectors essential. Experience in large DCO / DNS and energy projects desirable.
What are the rewards working with us.
We offer an excellent remuneration and overall benefits package including:
- Competitive salary Regular reviews Contractual bonus scheme
Protecting your Health & Future
- 7% salary contribution towards your pension in a reputable scheme Generous annual leave including several gift days during the Christmas period. Private health insurance scheme and life assurance for all our employees.
- Regular employee events – Social, CPD, fundraising, networking, conferences Summer Days Out / Christmas Lunch Annual Employee Conference Day Reward Hub Discounts
As well as our benefits package, we are committed to helping you reach your full potential and support with a range of training and development initiatives throughout your whole career, enabling you to learn and progress through our stepping stones programme.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your application via our careers page by clicking https://www.cloudonlinerecruitment.co.uk/PegasusGroup/VacancyDetails.aspx?FromSearch=True&MenuID=&VacancyID=86
Make sure to include a copy of your most up to date CV outlining your experience and skill set to date and why you are interested in applying for this role.
Job Ref: ENV-BIR-150223
We are an exciting development consultancy to work both for and with. We bring innovative thinking to create beautiful places, enhancing the built and natural environment in a way that positively affects people’s lives.
Our environment teams give informed direction and clear advice across all scales of development. From strategic environmental planning to detailed design and implementation for high profile development projects, we make sure that every project is informed and led by its environmental context. That’s what allows us to create places that respond to project needs both efficiently and effectively.
Our Expertly Done approach with Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) recognises that in the current climate developments need to be created to be as sustainable as possible. Our experts have a proven track record in environmental planning and project management including formal EIA and non-EIA development, our services including site finding, feasibility and pre-project advice, EIA screening and scoping, Environmental Statement preparation and auditing, and Environmental Appraisals (for non-EIA developments).
5 The Priory, Old London Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert