IEMA (The Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment) is the largest professional body for everybody working in the environment and sustainability, with more than 19,000 members www.iema.net.
We help our members by providing resources and tools, research and knowledge sharing along with high-quality formal training and qualifications - from their first steps on the career ladder, right to the very top.
At IEMA we believe that together we can change perceptions and attitudes about the relevance and vital importance of sustainability as a progressive force for good and we are very passionate about what we do!
IEMA is committed to equality of opportunity and having a diverse workforce. Over the last year we have put a significant amount of work behind ensuring that our jobs are accessible for all and that we are nurturing an inclusive and diverse culture. We are also delighted to have achieved the official status of being a Great Place to Work.
Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection are made without discrimination or bias and we welcome applications from all candidates regardless of background.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced IT Officer who has some IT experience but is early on in their career and is now looking to join a busy, friendly and professional team to further develop their experience.
The role of IT Officer is a new role for us as we embark on a period of digital transformation.
Perhaps you’ve already worked on an IT Service Helpdesk and you are now looking to develop your skills even further and be part of a small but growing organisation, who is passionate about making a difference and going through IT change then we’d love to hear from you.
In case you want more information about what you will be doing, the following should help:
Working in a small team of 2, you will work with the IT Manager to assist in the daily delivery of the IT function by providing 1st level support and assisting the IT Manager with 2nd and 3rd line incidents.
IEMA is currently embarking on a digital transformation and therefore you would be expected to be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to the post and you may be asked to perform other duties, which reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The core responsibility and priority of this role is to provide remote 1st line desktop support to the remote IEMA team in their capacity in providing a first-class service to IEMA’s 18,500 members. In addition to this, the role holder will also deal with IT issues that are raised through the membership team from our members relating to issues they are having using our systems.
Other responsibilities include :
- Supporting the IT Manager with 2nd and 3rd line incidents that are escalated from the IEMA service Helpdesk and liaising with IEMA third parties to achieve a resolution.
- Operating, maintaining and supporting our central business applications, end point ICT devices or infrastructure for all IEMA services. Supporting Microsoft Teams telephony and unified communications (Teams)
- Responsibility for Server support, patching and general maintenance ensuring maximised server uptime.
- Under the direction of the IT Manager, specify and procure ICT equipment, software and other technical items required to deliver ICT projects, establishing appropriate working relationships with suppliers as required and then setting up new equipment for new users as needed Maintain an up-to-date hardware & software portfolio catalogue.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of Dynamics 365 providing first line support for staff and customers.
- Support the IT Manager with the delivery of projects on time and to required standards, and provide feedback
Qualifications & Experience:
- An in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 based solutions
- Application software/hardware installation, testing and support
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation (ITIL)
Would be helpful to have:
- Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft
- Certified Solutions Associate (or role-based qualifications)
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 administration Experience within asset management Voice and Data technologies IT security principles
- IT literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Office Applications
- A sound grasp of current ICT issues and a keen interest in ICT developments, legislation, trends, and market.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with an ability to prioritise workload Confidence dealing with all staff at all levels and strong written and verbal communication skills Ability to apply analytical, logical, creative, and systematic thought to solve problems and evaluate options
- Ability to investigate, report and work on new technical areas using own initiative whilst, organising and undertaking research as appropriate
- Ability to utilise all expertise to collect information to inform decision making
- Self-motivated with the ability to independently manage your own time and workload delivering high quality outputs.
We provide training to all our starters in the Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management so the ideal candidate must have the ability to successfully undertake this training.
There is lots of opportunity to take on new responsibilities in this role and develop your skills. So an ability to be able to conduct IT inductions for new joiners and provide a basic level of training to staff would be desirable
Place of work:
As this role is UK home based it will be essential that you have the ability and motivation to work from home with reduced supervision. There will be the requirement to attend team meetings, staff meetings, training and events at various UK locations. All travel can be expensed. Candidates must therefore be based in the UK and have a reliable home broadband speed and be able to occasionally and easily travel within the UK. All work equipment will be provided.
In return you will receive a competitive salary (depending on experience), 25 days holiday (plus 3 days off at Christmas), 6% employer pension contributions, life assurance, medical cashplan, group income protection and perkbox benefits.
How to apply:
For job enquiries or to apply write to IEMA’s HR Partners at email@example.com. Your application must include your CV accompanied with a cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. In your cover letter you must set out the relevant experience you have and why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Closing Date for Applications – Friday 3rd February