IEMA (The Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment) is the largest professional body for everybody working in the environment and sustainability, with more than 19,000 members www.iema.net.
We help our members by providing resources and tools, research and knowledge sharing along with high-quality formal training and qualifications - from their first steps on the career ladder, right to the very top.
At IEMA we believe that together we can change perceptions and attitudes about the relevance and vital importance of sustainability as a progressive force for good and we are very passionate about what we do!
IEMA is committed to equality of opportunity and having a diverse workforce. Over the last year we have put a significant amount of work behind ensuring that our jobs are accessible for all and that we are nurturing an inclusive and diverse culture. We are also delighted to have achieved the official status of being a Great Place to Work.
Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection are made without discrimination or bias and we welcome applications from all candidates regardless of background.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Corporate Partnerships Team, this role would suit someone with a systematic approach to processes and enjoys improving and managing the efficiency of operations.
Working with a team of 3, the successful candidate would be responsible for aiding in the development and delivery of IEMA’s Corporate Partnerships programme and ensuring that we are delivering on IEMA’s value proposition.
Candidates will need to undertake a range of administrative support duties to ensure the smooth running of the team and you will work with the account managers to help them support the retention of our diverse range of partners and acquire new ones!
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The core responsibilities of this role include;
- Administrative duties including; updating and improving spreadsheets, using CRM Systems to keep partner account details up to date, managing central email inboxes, auditing of processes as well as scheme administration and other duties to ensure the effective management of our growing number of partners
- Responding to partner and other external queries directed to the Corporate Partnerships team
- Supporting the Corporate Partnerships Team and wider IEMA teams to develop products and services that are future ready, delivering high levels of member value
- Aiding in the promotion of the benefits available through the partnership programmes via various channels for example creating newsletters and marketing and maintaining social media channels
- Supporting the effective lead generation and data capture for prospective new partnerships.
Qualifications & Experience:
This role would suit someone early in their career who has ideally had work experience of working in a team admin role in a customer focused environment. You might be educated to degree or BTEC level perhaps in Business, Marketing, Environmental Science, Ecology or Geography but this is not essential.
What is key to this role is having a good understanding and proven experience of working with and developing effective processes gained within a customer service role through email, phone, video conferencing or face to face interactions. The ability to work with a broad customer or membership base is essential as is the need for the ideal candidate to set high delivery standards and be a positive member of our small team.
In addition to the desired work experience candidates must be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities;
- Ability to gather and interpret information effectively.
- Confidence to discuss and resolve issues with others internal and external stakeholders and set action and improvement plans.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work under pressure to tight schedules/deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A logical thinker with the ability to think creatively, generate and present new ideas based on evidence and insight.
- Planning and project collaboration skills and can support others by constructively engaging in a range of projects and initiatives.
- High proficiency in IT literacy, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams etc.
Desirable skills include:
- Desirable - Experience in using CRM databases – ideally Microsoft Dynamics
- Desirable - Experience in using PO systems and invoicing
- Ideally have an interest in environment and sustainability issues.
- Must have a desire to learn and take on responsibility.
- Have an aspiration towards a career in customer relations, account management or sales.
- Self-motivated with the ability to independently manage your own time and workload delivering high quality outputs.
- Can work independently but also as an effective team player and able to support others to achieve agreed outcomes and objectives.
Place of work:
As this role is UK home based it will be essential that you have the ability and motivation to work from home with reduced supervision. There will be the requirement to attend team and staff meetings and events at various UK locations. Candidates must therefore be based in the UK and have a reliable home broadband speed and be able to occasionally travel within the UK – all travel can be expensed. All equipment will be provided.
In return you will receive a competitive salary (depending on experience), 25 days holiday (plus 3 days off at Christmas), 6% employer pension contributions, life assurance, medical cashplan, group income protection and perkbox benefits.
How to apply:
For job enquiries or to apply write to IEMA’s HR Partners at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application must include your CV accompanied with a cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. In your cover letter you must set out the relevant experience you have and why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Closing Date for Applications – Friday 3rd February