Specialist Advisor – Climate Risk and Adaptation
Closing date: 27 February 2023
Salary: £37,308 - £40,806 (Grade 6)
Contract type: Permanent
Work pattern: Full time, 37 hours
Post number: 202940
To lead on the provision of Climate Risk and Adaptation technical support and advice in relation to delivery of NRW’s response in relation to the Wales Adaptation Plan. This technical/specialist advice will inform the development of NRW policy, programmes, plans, strategies and guidance. You will work with colleagues from other teams in Evidence Policy & Permitting and Operations, officials from Welsh Government and sector representatives.
Knowledge and experience of the following:
- Knowledge of: Welsh, UK and EU legislation related to climate change, climate risk and adaptation; Welsh, UK Government policy drivers in Planning, Landscape, Energy, and Decarbonisation as set out in EU, UK and WG Policy and legislative/Directive drivers; and the issues and opportunities in Wales.
- Experience of: technical analysis and interpretation of a range of complex environmental information and data sources; analysing large data sets.
- Working with/in WG, across the climate risk and adaptation agenda and other governmental, land management, industrial and environment organisations.
- Working knowledge of climate change science and policy. (Desirable)
- Working in a programme and project management environment with Project Management experience and/or qualifications.
- You will be a member of a relevant professional institution and/or working towards membership.
- Share your knowledge and expertise to help solve problems, supporting all Heads of Business in EPP as required.
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- Agile and flexible working
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- Generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- Health and wellbeing benefits and support
- Weekly well-being hour to use at your choice
For more information, please visit our website.