Lead Specialist Advisor, Strategic Environmental Policy x 3
Closing date: 18 December 2022
Salary: £39,700 - £44,522 (Grade 7)
Contract type: Permanent
Work pattern: 37 hours, Monday - Friday
Post number: 203148, 203149, 203150
Are you passionate about the environment and want to make a difference? Then we have three exciting opportunities to join our new Strategic Environmental Policy Team.
In one of these exciting and challenging new roles, you will lead and support our cross-cutting work on strategic environmental policy, with a focus on interpreting and embedding the Sustainable Management of Natural Resources across our relevant functions. You will combine your knowledge of Welsh, UK and EU legislation with your practical experience of working with people, organisations and partners across Wales and the UK to support the development of strategy and policy in relation to environmental governance, international engagement with a specific emphasis on post-EU Exit and legislative development programmes. You will support the design and implementation of cross cutting programmes and policy across NRW, Welsh Government, UK and international levels with public, private and third sector organisations. Using this expertise, you will support the development of NRW response through changes to a portfolio of policy, programmes, plans, strategies and guidance. You will work with colleagues from other teams in our Evidence, Policy and Permitting and Operations Directorates, officials from Welsh Government, other UK agency staff and sector representatives. These roles are varied and challenging giving you a real opportunity for your continuing professional development.
You will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of the following:
- Good knowledge of: Welsh, UK and EU legislation related to environmental governance and international work and the environment; Welsh & UK Governments & EU policy drivers in regulation, the environment and EU Exit; and the issues and opportunities in Wales.
- Experience of technical analysis and interpreting a range of environmental information and data, analysing large data sets and presenting information to senior managers or an external audience.
- Experience of: Managing a portfolio of work programmes related to environmental policy including engagement with other agencies and partners
- Working in a programme and project management environment with Project Management experience and/or qualifications.
- Good understanding of environmental governance and international engagement and the complex range of drivers and barriers to delivery.
- Representing the organisation in high profile and contentious issues in the public arena.
- Share your knowledge and expertise to help solve problems, supporting all Heads of Business in Evidence, Policy and Permitting Directorate as required.
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- Agile and flexible working
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- Generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- Health and wellbeing benefits and support
- Weekly well-being hour to use as you choose
For more information, please visit our website.