Tackling Waste Crime Officer 2
Closing date: 11 December 2022
Location: Mid Wales – Flexible within place (Ceredigion and Powys) or otherwise by agreement with line manager
Salary: £31,490 - £34,902 (Grade 5)
Contract type: Fixed Term until 31 March 2025
This post will be offered as a permanent contract. The role itself is time limited until 31 March 2025 at which point your role could be extended, made permanent, or you could be redeployed to our pool of special project managers / advisers or redeployed to another suitable role
Work pattern: 37 hours, Monday - Friday
Post number: 203385
This is an opportunity to develop a career in environmental enforcement with Natural Resources Wales. You will be based in the Mid Wales Waste and Enforcement team but will work towards the Welsh Government’s Action Plan to tackle waste crime as part of a virtual, centrally organised team. You will contribute to innovative ways of identifying and tackling illegal waste crime across the area and Wales.
You will either lead or support investigations recommending the most appropriate interventions to take, gathering evidence for enforcement action, analysing data, solving complex problems.
You will be working with Mid Wales Waste Regulation and Enforcement Officers in relation to waste crime as well as partner organisations, such as police and DVSA. You will be a warranted officer with experience of producing successful legal case files with a good understanding of waste crime.
You will be expected to occasionally work in flexible way including out of hours and at weekends in order to deliver our Mid Wales area priorities.
You may be required to work out of area due to resource needs as prioritised by the Tackling Waste Crime Lead Specialist Advisor.
You will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of the following:
- Knowledge and experience of either working in a regulated industry or as a regulator.
- Good understanding of waste crime processes and pressures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with regulated business and the public, explaining issues and gaining support by influencing.
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- Agile and flexible working
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- Generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- Health and wellbeing benefits and support
- Weekly well-being hour to use as you choose
For more information, please visit our website.