Senior Environment Advisor
Are you an environmental specialist and looking to grow with Gatwick?
What is the role?
Senior Environmental Advisor role is to support the company in achieving its environmental aims which include legislative compliance, retaining our ISO14001 certification, minimising environmental risks and promoting best practice.
What will you do?
- Responsible for planning, developing and delivering an audit program as agreed with the Environment Lead, conducting environmental audits across all business units. Measurable against regular progress reports on compliance with applicable environmental legislative and other requirements
- Support in Identifying and driving improvements to the HSE management system to ensure continued compliance with ISO14001 standard and Gatwick’s Sustainability Policy, the Decade of Change.
- Monitor environmental incidents and participate in investigations. Support Lead Investigators in the identification of root cause and develop the appropriate learning alerts.
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders to ensure high environmental performance.
Do you have what we're looking for?
- In-depth knowledge of environmental compliance and applicable legislation, and developing systems and processes to ensure compliance requirements are met.
- Able to evaluate compliance with applicable environmental legislation and other requirements, communicating potential environmental liabilities and identifying opportunities for continual improvement.
- Technical experience relating to waste management (construction experience beneficial), emissions and air quality as well contaminated land.
- Demonstrable experience planning, developing and delivering audit programs across a range of business activities and stakeholders.
- A qualification in ISO14001 environmental management systems.
- Experience in incident investigation. Understanding root cause and developing appropriate corrective and preventative actions.
- Proven background in monitoring environmental performance and identifying trends to reduce environmental risks and promote environmental/sustainability best practice.
- Comfortable in liaising with specialist consultants, managing tender submissions and vendor evaluations to ensure a high standard of service.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
What is it like to work here?
Our people tell us that working here is something special. No day is like another as there are so many moving parts that make air travel possible. And it's only possible because of the people who work here.
We want exceptional people to help us deliver the great service our passengers have come to expect. You can be part of helping Gatwick to rebuild and grow.
We are passionate and committed to being an inclusive and diverse employer, encouraging different perspectives and experiences to make us a more innovative and creative workplace, whilst valuing our people for their differences and valuing them for it!
Ready to join us?
Click apply and complete your application. We'll be in touch soon.
Our employees enjoy a range of personal, health and financial benefits, including annual leave and high street discounts. We offer a performance based bonus scheme and our people can request professional training to support them to Grow with Gatwick.