Competitive salary and benefits
Challenging and energetic role
Well established, successful company
Investors In People employer
Background: HCS Safety Ltd is the leading health and safety consultancy in the South. We employ 14 full time health and safety advisors and have a large, varied group of clients to whom we have provided our services over many years. The Environmental Consultant role will drive the most ambitious change our company has seen in its highly successful 22 years.
We are looking to develop our offer to include environmental services. To achieve this we need the right person to make it a successful part of our expanding business. This is a major change for the company and we are ambitious for its success. We have an excellent track record in developing and growing high quality services that deliver exactly what our clients need; the challenge is to extend beyond health and safety and drive further growth and success by offering the same values driven quality with environmental services as our clients have enjoyed with our health and safety offer.
We are looking for someone who can share our enthusiasm for this and who has the drive and tenacity to undertake the task of bringing this service into our company.
The role will be an exciting addition to our company, and will include:
- Identifying the needs of clients to comply with their legal duties
- Identifying new products and services to meet these needs. E.g. environmental policies, environmental management systems, carbon reduction plans, aspect and impact statements
- Planning and costing the delivery of these services in liaison with Director and Operations Manager
- Designing templates for meeting the needs of our clients
- Designing training sessions for our own staff to be able (with you) to deliver the services to our clients
- Delivering training to clients at our training centre and at clients’ venues
- Assisting with marketing campaigns and literature to grow the environmental side of the business
- Communicating with a wide variety of clients over their needs
- Reporting on progress to the Directors and Operations Manager
The successful candidate will be:
- Professional, Friendly and Practical, in line with our company values
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant environmental discipline
- GradIEMA or above professional status
- Fully aware and up to date with legal requirements our clients need to meet
- Fully aware of industry standards where they may exceed legal requirements
- Experienced at delivering to ISO 14001 standards
- Experienced in providing environmental services to a range of businesses, including construction and manufacturing.
- Able to deliver high quality, engaging training to delegates in the classroom
- Able to coach and mentor our staff to deliver environmental services
- Ambitious, passionate and committed to improving environmental standards across a broad range of industries
- A fantastic communicator at all levels – both verbally and in documentary form
- Flexible, agile and adaptable to a fast-changing working environment
- Positive, helpful and in possession of a great sense of humour, to fit in with our excellent team
If you believe you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org The content of your letter may be as important as your CV.
Finalist candidates will be invited to present their plan of action to us as part of our interview process. We will be interviewing at the end of November.