Senior Environmental Advisor
Norse Group delivers property consultancy, commercial services and care across the UK. We support our frontline delivery of services with a number of back-office infrastructure support, including a professional Environmental, Quality & Compliance and Health & Safety team (SHEQ Team).
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Environmental Advisor to join our Norwich based team on a full time, permanent contract. This is a business facing role, where you will be responsible for implementing and monitoring initiatives that maintain compliance with relevant law and legislation.
Your dedication of continuous personal development will ensure the Group remains up-to-date, and you will use the knowledge when you take responsibility for;
- Acting as a champion for all environmental issues, directed by the Group Environmental Manager.
- Assist with preparation of ISO 14001:2015 certification audits, reporting outcomes and corrective actions as directed.
- Assist in the preparation and deliver of presentations and tool-box talks, or information resources for internal staff on all environmental issues
- Carry out and assist with environmental audits and inspections, reporting outcomes and corrective actions as directed.
Our Successful Candidate:
Whilst you will need to demonstrate a combination of knowledge, relevant qualifications and experience for the role;
- Strong knowledge of environmental management and its principle
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and best practice governing environmental legislation
- Proven experience in a similar environmental position
- Capable of assisting with or undertaking environmental audits
- Confident delivering training and presentations to a varied audience
- Previous experience carrying out accident investigations
- Full UK Driving Licence to meet the travel requirements of the role
We strive to provide a professional and challenging environment that will enable your own personal development, and alongside providing all relevant equipment to undertake the role, you will benefit from our enhanced company pension scheme, generous annual leave allowance, agile working, and a number of wider benefits and local partnerships.
Please read the attached job description and person specification to ensure you meet the criteria for the role before applying.
We are committed to employment practices and behaviours which encourage diversity, promote equality of treatment and eliminate unlawful and or unfair discrimination.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful and will not be progressed to the next stage.