Sustainability and Net Zero Lead
We’re looking for an expert in Sustainability and Net Zero who can lead this area for EDF Generation in support of the Company’s purpose of “Helping Britain Achieve Net Zero” and in our ambition to achieve Net Zero by 2035.
This is a challenging position requiring the combination of technical and leadership skills and an ability to influence the business at many levels.
You will be responsible for building and maintaining effective relationships with senior staff and stakeholders across our business and drive the sustainability and net zero agenda.
You will be accountable to the Generation Environment Manager and you will provide governance, oversight, support and performance monitoring for Sustainability and Net Zero across Generation with a focus on Nuclear Generation and Nuclear Decommissioning as priorities.
Pay, benefits and culture...
In addition to a salary ranging from £36,175 to £65,536 we offer a company pension scheme, paid holidays and a range of flexible benefits that support our employees’ physical, emotional and financial wellbeing.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility. We are a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help you thought the process, making adjustments along the way as required.
We value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
What you’ll be doing
As an individual you will have excellent technical experience in the area of Sustainability and Net Zero and will have demonstrated an aptitude to lead others in an industrial environment to deliver strategies, systems, processes and cultural improvement in this area; you will be able to demonstrate a collaborative approach and an ability to influence from the working level to an executive level. You will have established a network of peers outside your immediate working environment and may also have experience of working with the public, national bodies and regulators.
You will be required to use all those skills and experience to develop and deliver an operational focused business plan and support the development of strategies to underpin future business, particularly in relation to the long term operational plan for Sizewell B Power Station, the Nuclear Decommissioning program working with Magnox and reduction in Scope 3 emissions.
You will be expected to lead peer groups within the company and support the development, delivery and oversight of improvement programs. You will also be expected to represent the Company on national forums and ensure that the organisation maintains a current understanding of best practise and developments in the face of a fast moving landscape with changing stakeholder expectations.
As such, you will be expected to be an excellent communicator providing authoritative and compelling advice to internal and external stakeholders.
You will also have a proven ability to establish relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders and will be able to demonstrate expertise to lead others in this technically complex and highly changing area.
You will be accountable for:
- Providing a Sustainability and Net Zero Strategy for Nuclear Generation and Nuclear Decommissioning to meet business needs
- Performance and monitoring / reporting to provide early insight and direction, using elevation and escalation processes as necessary and to report performance as required
- Agreement and responsibility for the delivery of set business objectives
- Leading administrative support (1 person).
Who you are
As the Sustainability and Net Zero Lead as a minimum you’ll have a HNC (or equivalent); those candidates with a relevant degree will have an advantage.
You’ll also have:
- Proven leadership skills and experience from their past roles, and to have a good understanding of the technical and leadership challenges faced in this role.
- The ability to simplify complex technical issues and communicate those in a clear and concise fashion to ensure effective delivery of verbal or written feedback.
- Good analytical skills and an ability to think independently to identify trends, behaviours and insights that could be effective at helping the organisation improve its sustainability performance
- Relationship building skills both internally and externally
- You’ll have achieved or will be working towards either Chartered Membership of a Professional Body or appropriate professional stature and will regularly record continuous professional development.
- Experience of working as on operational practitioner is preferred but not essential
Join us and together we can help Britain achieve Net Zero.