Membership Engagement Officer
VACANCY – Permanent role
IEMA (Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment)
IEMA (The Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment) is the largest professional body for everybody working in the environment and sustainability, with more than 18,000 members www.iema.net
We have an exciting opportunity to work in our marketing team as our Membership Engagement Officer which is ideal for those looking to further develop their career in marketing, communications or events and who have an interest and passion in sustainability and aspire to make a difference!
IEMA is committed to equality of opportunity. Anyone will be considered for a role within our business and we will welcome applications from all candidates regardless of background.
In this role you will report to the Head of Marketing to help deliver an annual engagement plan for IEMA members that includes communications campaigns, events and webinars to increase member satisfaction and encourage retention. You will use the feedback from member satisfaction surveys to share insight across all areas of the organisation to ensure member feedback is considered in business planning processes.
Other duties include;
- Supporting on the delivery of communications campaigns to encourage participation in the surveys
- With direction and support from the Head of Marketing, deliver the annual, online, global members’ conference, IEMA Connect, by planning the project inclusive of logistics and agenda, and coordinating a project team to deliver a conference that will increase satisfaction and retention, and showcase our diverse profession.
- Work with the Head of Marketing to agree a plan and successfully deliver a programme of internally-led events, both digital and face-to-face, that align with IEMA’s commercial objectives and provide retention opportunities.
- Work with the Head of Marketing to create event budgets, source venues, create marketing plans to ensure a steady flow of content, and lead on the logistics of the event to deliver exceptional content to our audiences.
- Develop and deliver regular and automated membership communications campaigns, including onboarding campaigns, membership benefit campaigns and upgrade campaigns, to ensure members are engaging with their benefits to get the most value out of their membership.
- Coordinate support for IEMA’s webinar programme and embed this into the wider engagement plan
- Act as a brand ambassador, supporting staff and external suppliers to ensure brand guidelines are followed correctly.
You are most likely educated to degree level, or have equivalent experience, within marketing, communications or events. You must have a good understanding of marketing principles and an ability to deliver marketing communications campaigns. You must have Proven experience of planning and delivering successful online or in person events or projects, working with a broad customer or membership base.
You must have excellent organisation skills with the ability to work on multiple projects at once often under pressure to meet deadlines with limited supervision. Candidates must therefore have the proven ability to work independently but also be a strong team player, with a desire to produce high quality work and continuously think of improvements. Strong communication skills and proven experience of developing relationships is key as well as experience of using digital platforms to engage.
As this role is UK home based it will be essential that you have the ability and motivation to work from home with reduced supervision but be part of the team. There will be the requirement to attend staff meetings and events at various UK locations. Candidates must therefore be based in the UK and have a reliable home broadband speed and be able to occasionally travel within the UK – all travel can be expensed. All equipment will be provided.
How to apply:
For the full job description or further salary details please write to the HR Manager at email@example.com. To apply please write to the same email address with a CV accompanied with a cover letter which sets out why you believe you are suitable for this role.