Are you passionate about sustainability and understand how this plays a key part in the construction sector?
ISG is currently seeking sustainability professionals at various levels to help deliver across our world class portfolio. We’re proud to deliver a diverse range of projects across the construction, fit out and engineering services sectors. If you are seeking to challenge your knowledge and experience, whilst interfacing with a large number of stakeholders (clients, design teams, local authorities, supply chain, etc.) within a business that has a true passion to drive revolutionary change in industry, this could be the ideal role for you.
- A good knowledge and understanding in particular of how a range of environmental assessments (e.g. BREEAM) are implemented at both design and construction stage is essential as well as a thorough grounding in ISO 14001 implementation, environmental legislation and inspection of control measures.
- Liaise with the project site teams and supply chain on site and ensure that ISG, Client and Stakeholder sustainability objectives are met within required timeframes.
- Help to develop, cultivate and maintain a culture whereby project teams self-deliver sustainability requirements with strategic support from the sustainability team.
- Ensure that projects are legally compliant with regard to for example waste management, hazardous waste, runoff disposal, pollution control and any local authority requirements / restrictions particularly pertaining to noise and dust.
- Deliver internal training to project teams and trade contractors where appropriate – including how to recognise environmental aspects and impacts within their site inspections, complete environmental paperwork and update environmental records to be reported to the Sustainability Team.
- Liaise with clients and professional teams via meetings and producing project sustainability reports.
- Develop the ISG management systems to include industry best practice and ISG innovations.
- Engage with the ISG Supply Chain and Procurement teams to drive continuous improvement against ISG objectives and environmental assessment requirements.
- Support the delivery of our group ESG strategy by taking part in working groups, trialling innovative solutions on site and feeding back insights.
Skills and experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to deal confidently with colleagues, subcontractors and external consultants
- A commitment to identify, develop, direct and implement key objectives
- Experience in training / supervising / managing junior team members
- Organisation skills and workload prioritising
- Experience and understanding of sustainability issues in construction
- Environmental / Sustainability qualifications (Degree, Masters, industry qualifications etc.)
- Either qualifications in, or strong knowledge of environmental assessment methods (BREEAM, LEED, Ska, etc).
- Associate level membership or higher of IEMA, ICRS or similar