Senior Environmental Project Manager
North East, Yorkshire and the Humber
Do you want to have an input into shaping our natural environment? Are you passionate about mitigating environmental risk to protect people and wildlife? Do you enjoy championing sustainability? Then this role could be for you.
The Environment Agency (EA) is investing £5.2 Billion over the next 6 years to reduce flood risk across England. It's an exciting time and we need your help to ensure this work is delivered with full attention to environmental impact.
Joining our National Environmental Assessment and Sustainability (NEAS) team as a Senior Environmental Project Manager, you will play an important role in delivering positive outcomes for people and wildlife.
This role supports the North East hub to deliver a unique programme of work for Yorkshire and the North East of England.
You will work closely with external delivery partners and Environment Agency specialists within integrated project teams to:
- Ensure engineering projects are environmentally compliant
- Screen, plan and manage the delivery of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs)
- Work with a variety of stakeholders
- Identify environmental opportunities and deliver multiple benefits
- Oversee the identification, management, mitigation, and reduction of environmental risk
- Champion a sustainable approach to delivery of projects
We are the National Environmental Assessment and Sustainability team, part of Major Projects and Programme Delivery at the Environment Agency. We create a better place for people and wildlife by ensuring that sustainability is at the heart of what we do. Our friendly and welcoming team work together with our colleagues, stakeholders and delivery partners to manage environmental risks and opportunities across our programme, with a focus on Flood and Coastal Risk Management schemes.
- You will have an environmental background, ideally with qualifications and/or experience in an environmental discipline.
- You will have great communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- You will have experience in collaborating with others to deliver environmental benefits and manage environmental risk and be able to communicate this effectively.
- You will have experience of co-ordinating statutory Environmental Impact Assessments, writing or reviewing Environmental Statements and co-ordinating Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEA).
- You will be able to demonstrate a good understanding of different technical areas of expertise, such as habitats regulations, biodiversity net gain, natural capital, planning or carbon reduction.
- Programme and/or project management skills are an advantage, particularly with regards to flood risk or other infrastructure projects.
We welcome applications from candidates who would like to work flexibly, including part-time and job share arrangements.
Contact and additional information
Benefits include generous pension provision and leave entitlement, flexible working and excellent training opportunities (see candidate pack for details).
This role involves working in the NEAS North East team, which is based in Leeds. We anticipate that the role will involve a combination of working from home, office working in Leeds and travel to other offices and sites, depending on personal preferences and business need. A full UK driving licence would be beneficial.
CVs or other documents attached to your application will not be assessed for selection. When providing evidence for competencies within your application, please give examples of how you clearly demonstrate these either within the context of this role or as transferable skills.
For any further queries, please contact: email@example.com
To apply, please visit our website.
Closing date: 7 July 2022.