Join a successful, expanding and sustainably-focused wealth management firm, in the newly created role of Sustainability Analyst. We seek a creative individual whose values are aligned with ours - inspired by mobilising capital for good. The role would ideally suit someone with a recent relevant qualification or two years’ experience in sustainability and wishing to progress their career.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, possess a strong work ethic and be motivated by the opportunity to guide our business strategy and engage with and influence the broader finance industry and island sustainability landscape. We require a positive can-do attitude, a sense of humour, a love of problem-solving and a desire to make a difference.
Duties and responsibilities will include;
- Supporting the Head of Sustainability in the ongoing development of Affinity’s sustainability pathway
- To keep updated with industry trends in the sustainable space, including local and international regulation
- Identifying and analysing potential ESG risks for the business and our clients. Provide input to mitigation strategies and risk management
- Working with the compliance team to ensure procedures and routines and remain up-to-date in the context of sustainability
- Reporting to Group Board on progress against key targets (‘rocks’) and contributing to corporate strategy in this space
- Collaborating with the Marketing Manager around all aspects of promoting our sustainability credentials including presentation materials, articles and blogs
- Data collection, analysis and reporting in line with evolving standards and protocols
- Participating in relevant internal committees
Qualifications and skills
- Must have the Right to Work in the United Kingdom or Jersey
- Demonstrable engagement with environmental and social issues and a desire to effect change
- Excellent analytical skills and aptitude, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Action-orientated and deadline focused
- Initiative, an ability to organise, and a desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong interpersonal, written and, oral communications
- Comfortable engaging with stakeholders across a variety of levels
Salary and benefits
We strive to build a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. All permanent employees of Affinity are entitled to a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including pension, private healthcare, and participation in a well-being program. We support and encourage learning. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
Please send your CV, a short covering letter and an example(s) of your work for the attention of: email@example.com