Technical Director – Sustainability
Bureau Veritas is an award-winning employer, our people are trusted and responsible, believing in what they do with a clear commitment to contribute to transforming the world we live in and shaping a world of trust.
Bureau Veritas operates in a wide range of sectors, delivering Testing, Inspection and Certification services to some of the world’s biggest household names. With more than 400,000 global clients and a reputation for quality, we are at the forefront of service and innovation.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we have worked hard to create a supportive and engaging working environment, which is open and inclusive and individuals are given the opportunity to fulfil their potential and really leave their mark.
We are growing our Sustainability services in the UK and are now looking to recruit a Technical Director to join our team of experts.
What the role involves
As a senior member of the consulting group, you will be a key player in supporting our ambitious growth plans whilst providing support, mentorship and leadership to a team of ambitious consultants. You will provide high quality consultancy to clients and provide a point of reference on technical delivery for the rest of the team.
You will be required to collaborate closely with colleagues globally and support in the definition of the current and future market, market drivers and service offerings of Bureau Veritas UK. Working closely with the Business Unit Manager to develop and implement robust and proactive programmes to achieve ambitious commercial growth.
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to develop strong client relationships and provides a variety of experience across different market sectors.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone who is exemplar in client management and internal and external relationship building who is passionate about the world of sustainability.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong knowledge of the UK sustainability market
- A well-developed professional network
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Extensive consulting and/or advisory experience in two or more of the following workstreams: carbon management, sustainability strategy development, nature based solutions, sustainability verification, sustainable finance, circular economy.
What’s in it for you
Thanks to our unique client links, existing portfolio of high-profile projects and established team of experts, this is the great next step in your career with the opportunity to shape the growth strategy for a market leading international consultancy.
Through your project delivery you will be working with all grades of the team from graduates upwards. This not only gives you the opportunity to impart your knowledge and develop the team but also benefit from the vast experience within the Sustainability team and the wider company to support your personal and professional development.
We aim to cultivate a supportive learning environment so team members can enjoy development and progression alongside an interesting, technically challenging career.
What we offer
We offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
Core benefits include
- Twenty five days of annual leave plus the option to buy or sell up to five days of leave each year
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Professional membership subscription
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme and up to two paid volunteering days a year
- Flexible benefits include Cycle to Work, tech scheme, travel & dental insurance, gym and retail discounts, option to buy and sell holiday and Give As You Earn scheme.