The role of the Social Impact team at Lendlease is to support our business to achieve its purpose, ‘Creating Value through places where communities thrive’
This purpose underpins everything we do. Sitting within the wider sustainability function, the social impact team is made up of dedicated social sustainability professionals who are each responsible for working alongside project teams to shape, influence embed social sustainability outcomes across the portfolio. Our subject matter experts ensure that through ongoing community engagement, innovation and collaboration, Lendlease is able achieve its goal of creating $250m of social value between now and 2025.
About the role
You will operate individually to contribute to the research, creation and implementation of social sustainability initiatives, engaging with stakeholders to provide skilled assistance and applying existing procedures and guidelines to support sustainability programs, ensuring programs are delivered on time and with best possible outcome.
The role encompasses overall responsibility for:
- Operating individually to contribute to the coordination and distribution of funding and grant applications for community programs, initiatives and events
- Create and implement various programs including community and environment programs, initiatives and events.
- Identify emerging needs in the community by analysing population statistics, working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure community needs and social integration are addressed and ensure programs comply with Company sustainability objectives and relevant legislation;
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in community services planning/development, combined with an advanced knowledge of role.
- Experience and knowledge of the construction industry, corporate social responsibility and sustainability principles, green building design principles, and the relevant environmental legislation.
- Customer service, event management and organising skills, combined with excellent communication skills, both oral and written; including the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders.
- Competencies include: Customer Focus, Planning & Organising, Problem Solving & Analytical Thinking, Verbal Communication, Written Communication.
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard.
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people. Imagine what more you can do here.
Lendlease is committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer of choice by engaging, enabling and empowering our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Inclusion sets us all up for success and we particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.