Environmental Responsibility Reporting Officer
Hybrid working options available
£25,702 per annum
This is a great opportunity for someone to develop their carbon management skills. You will work with the Head of Sustainability, to support NERC to enhance its environmental sustainability performance. You will also provide specific support for wider UKRI environmental reporting activity. Key activities include:
- Supporting environmental professionals across NERC to encourage collaboration and ensure a common approach to environmental sustainability
- Environmental reporting, translating environmental data into information to supports decision making
- Coordination and delivery of internal environmental engagement including support of NERC’s transition to net zero
- Coordinating specific activities to drive continual environmental improvement including sustainability funds and custom training
You will need:
- A graduate level qualification in Environmental Management or equivalent experience
- A good understanding of greenhouse gas reporting and previous experience reporting environmental data
- Awareness of the requirements for environmental standards such as ISO14001
- Excellent data management and analytical skills
NERC is the UK's leading funder of environmental science. Our scientists study and monitor the physical, chemical and biological processes on which our planet and life itself depends – from pole to pole, to the deep Earth and oceans, to the atmosphere and space. NERC aims to create communities that can deliver environmental solutions by taking a whole-system, interdisciplinary approach as the norm. Through UKRI and NERC investment we will now harness all relevant disciplines and actors to deliver environmental solutions for business, government and society.
Choosing to come to work at NERC, part of UKRI, means that you will have access to a whole host of benefits including a flexible working scheme, a Career Average Revalued Earnings pension scheme, 30 days annual leave allowance, access to employee shopping/travel discounts and salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme.
To see more details and to apply please click apply. Please include a covering letter outlining how you fit the role criteria. Applicants who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on +44 (0)1793 867000.
Closing date for applications is 22 May 2022