London (with hybrid working)
£48,500 - £55,000 per annum dependent on skills, knowledge, and experience
We are looking for three experienced Environment Managers to help develop and embed our corporate environmental plan and management system, ensuring that Transport for London can move people safely, inclusively and sustainably across London. This is an exciting time to be joining an expanding team helping Transport for London reach our goal of being strong green heartbeat for London.
As well as, providing support and technical advice to our day-to-day operations and maintenance to major schemes, our environment managers provide environmental coaching, are responsible for environmental improvement activity and management system development, monitoring & reviewing progress. The role requires collaborative working with teams across TfL and externally, to improve TfL’s environmental performance.
- Champion the TfL Corporate Environment Plan, by providing support and direction across the whole business. Support and challenge the business to deliver on activities to improve our corporate environmental performance in line with Plan. Help coordinate and track activities and progress against plans to ensure continued progress
- Support the development and ongoing improvement of the Environmental Management System, including assurance of the system
- Provide advice and input to other SHE teams and the business on environmental issues, including using performance data
- Provide environmental input to the procurement processes by developing contract clauses, assessing tenders, monitoring contractors’ performance.
- Environmental professionals and external benchmarking organisations to learn and share best practice
- External policy makers and Environmental regulators
- Business units across TfL to offer technical advice
- External designers, contractors, and other suppliers
- Strong knowledge of environmental management regulations and the environmental issues TfL faces
- Strong knowledge of designing and evaluating initiatives to improve corporate environmental performance
- Expert understanding of the political framework in which TfL operates
- Strong knowledge of SHE Management systems/environmental management systems
- The ability to develop credibility and influence stakeholders
- Strong ability to initiate and effect business and behaviour change
- Strong ability to work in a highly pressurised environment to very tight time constraints whilst maintaining high quality
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, with a proven ability to write strategic and analytical reports
- In developing and maintaining environmental management systems
- In providing technical environmental advice in a large, complex organisation or project – ideally with specific experience working, onsite within the construction/transport sector/s
- In operating at a senior level and influencing director discussions around the shape of the business
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards may include:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Free travel for you on the TfL network
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
- 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays (delete one)
- Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
- Discounted Eurostar travel
To apply, please visit our website. You will need to apply using your CV and a two-page covering letter.
Closing date: 16 May 2022.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to represent the city we serve, which will help us become a more innovative and efficient organisation. Our goal is to make our recruitment as inclusive as possible. We are a disability confident employer who guarantee an interview to any disabled candidate who meets all of the essential criteria. We also use anonymising software that removes identifying information from CVs and cover letters to make the process fair.