Centrica Business Solutions UK is committed to contributing to the decarbonisation of the wider energy system and deploying our capabilities and resources to the decarbonisation of our customers’ sites. We are mobilising our business in the pursuit of carbon reduction across several fronts as a key business priority for our company. This is in keeping with the Centrica Group’s purpose to help all our clients live their lives and operate their businesses more simply, affordably, and sustainably
Location - Homebased / (Brigg, Salford, Rotherham and Windsor) Office + UK Travel Required
Would you like the challenge of helping us help others? We are looking for an environment adviser to join a small team based in the UK and assist us by:
- Playing a key part in the development of environmental initiatives in support of the business goals and strategy.
- Helping to Improve our environmental p er formance across the CBS business.
- Working with stakeholders on compliance processes for waste management activities in the UK.
- Enabling the timely and accurate reporting of environmental data.
- Supporting the environmental components of our management system including ISO14001 certifications.
- Working with stakeholders on incorporating best practice and providing help and support to ensure compliance with all aspects of environmental legislation.
- Developing and where required, delivering environmental training and briefings.
- Knowledge of relevant Environmental practices and legislation
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work to strict timely deadlines
- High standard of communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with Managers and peers
- Display good analytical skills and rational decision making.
- High ly m otivated ‘leader of self’, ability to be proactive and pragmatic.
Education & Qualifications:
- Higher education (degree) or professional qualification in Environmental Management or equivalent
- 3 years relevant experience desirable
- Strong sector knowledge of best practice approaches to environmental management especially in waste management and minimization
- Experience of developing/implementing ISO14001 Environmental Standard and integration within HSE management systems
- Practitioner member of IEMA
- Full Driving License