Job title: Senior Adviser – Environment & Sustainability Governance
Department: Planning and Environment
Reporting to: Head of Environment
Salary: starting at £51,810 per annum
Base: Gravesend, Kent (agile working available)
Closing date: 14 October 2021
Interview date: 21 October 2021
The Port of London Authority is the statutory harbour authority for the tidal Thames. An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Adviser – Environment & Sustainability Governance to join the Environment Team within the Planning and Environment department, to lead on the approaches to reducing the PLA’s energy, carbon, waste and water usage and approach to increasing use of renewables in order to reduce overall resource usage of the estate and investment portfolio and reach net zero by 2040 or before.
The postholder will lead on maintaining the PLA’s ISO 14001 environmental accreditation and create improvements in line with existing PLA policy commitments. They will be responsible for collating and publishing measures and reporting sustainability and environmental governance and compliance to PLA staff, the Executive Committee and the board.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level with a postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline such as Environment Management or Sustainability.
- Hold Chartered Membership of an institution recognised by the Society of Environment, ideally Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (CIEMA) or Institute of Water & Environmental Management (CIWEM) or Institute of Water (CIWater).
- Have at least 4 years’ experience in leading businesses through ISO 14001(EMS) accreditation and management of environment management systems, including some auditing experience and training.
- Have thorough experience of collating, manipulating and using the environmental data and sustainability reporting, including knowledge of lifecycle approach in business.
- Have knowledge of Natural Capital Accounting approach and use of relevant data within reporting and annual accounts.
- Have excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability to communicate complex information to both technical and non-specialised audiences.
For further information or an informal discussion contact Tanya Ferry, Head of Environment on 01474 562223.
- 28 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance
- Generous pension
- Onsite parking with electric charging
- Discounted membership with Gravesham Active Leisure
- Access to Occupational Health, Mindfulness, Counselling and Physiotherapy
- Workplace Nursery Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme
To apply, please visit http://www.pla.co.uk/About-Us/Vacancies to download and complete an application form and send it to email@example.com by the closing date.