Would you like to work for one of the most successful construction and infrastructure companies in the UK?
Morgan Sindall Infrastructure delivers some of the UKs most complex and critical infrastructure across six core sectors of energy, water, nuclear, highways, rail and aviation for public and private customers. Working on projects and long-term frameworks, we believe in connecting people, places and communities through innovative and responsible infrastructure. Our people are our business. Through their expertise, we harness innovative ideas and approaches that enable us to safely and responsibly design and deliver resilient infrastructure upon which we all rely. Morgan Sindall Infrastructure is part of Morgan Sindall Group plc, a leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of over £3 billion.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Nuclear business for an ambitious and talented Environmental Advisor to provide subject matter expertise based on knowledge and experience to give direction, ensuring the continuous improvement of environmental performance in line with relevant standards, client expectations and the Integrated Management System (IMS).
As an Environmental Advisor, you will:
- Deliver environmental advice and guidance at all levels to minimise risk to the company
- Support the development of the environment and sustainability strategy and management action plans for improvement within the business unit in line with corporate requirements
- Lead and undertake inspections, audits and investigations where required, reporting on, and implementing lessons learned and improvements
- Support the team of advisors, and monitor and review performance in line with company processes to deliver current and future requirements
- Work in collaboration to contribute to business unit pre-contract and work-winning activities
- Review compliance with management systems and environmental management plans and legislation via internal audits and by supporting external audits
- Identify and promote best practice across the business unit and share lessons learnt
- Maintain current working knowledge of relevant legislation and industry practice and provide input to the corporate strategy and local and business unit action plans to ensure compliance
- Consistently deliver exceptional levels of service to customers
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject matter
- Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv) / MIEMA working towards chartered status
- Detailed knowledge of environmental legislation in a nuclear licensed site would be an advantage
About our Nuclear business unit:
Joining a growing, innovative and more than anything friendly team, you’ll be able to play your part as well as develop and learn from colleagues. Operating in the Nuclear sector for just over a decade, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure delivers services from operational reactor support, new build and decommissioning, to nuclear defence facilities and more sensitive projects within highly regulated and secure sites. With an ever-expanding Nuclear portfolio, we are proud to support our customers in installing and maintaining existing assets. The Nuclear sector is growing, changing and an innovative environment to work and operate in. We strive to deliver operational excellence and each member of our team plays their role in that.
We offer longevity currently delivering some of the biggest infrastructure projects in the UK, as part of the Programme and Project Partners (PPP). A 20-year partnership, PPP was established by Sellafield Ltd through contracts with Kellogg Brown and Root (KBR), Jacobs, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure and Doosan Babcock Ltd in 2019, to revolutionise project delivery at Sellafield and create a lasting legacy.
Future opportunities within our Infrastructure Strategic Alliance (ISA). The ISA provides Sellafield Ltd with the capability and capacity to deliver a growing programme of infrastructure projects required for an aging asset portfolio. The alliance is mainly aimed at protecting and developing the utility assets; however, it also has scope for a number of non-utility asset projects as well.
A diverse and growing portfolio with our Clyde Commercial Framework (CCF). The CCF programme ensures that the teams responsible for delivering the UK’s Continuous at Sea Deterrent (CASD) are able to live work and train in safe, state of the art facilities. The framework delivers cost effective infrastructure solutions to enable HMNB Clyde to continue to endure in its new role as the Royal Navy’s Single Integrated Operating Base.
Our projects will offer experience, development and vast degree of knowledge. The areas in which we operate in will offer you the opportunity to explore, open your mind and work in some of the most beautiful landscape within the United Kingdom.
We believe in delivering responsible nuclear and defence infrastructure.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please note that any CV’s submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.