Regional HSEQA Manager
At phs we are most famous for washroom services and products. However, as one of the UK’s leading provider of workplace services, we do much more than just washrooms; we offer a broad range of solutions to help keep organisations running smoothly. In fact, we take care of over 200,000 customers at over 450,000 locations across the UK and Europe.
phs has more than 50 years of history, and over that time we have developed an expert understanding of the practical and legislative issues that our customers face on a daily basis in their workplace. Our business comprises of an extensive product and service range, addressing customer needs across two key areas - Hygiene and Specialist.
Based near a phs site within the region covering London, South East England and the Home Counties, you will be integrating with c. 25 phs sites in various waste management and service processes, and supporting the teams by implementing maintaining and improving the Group HSEQA standards, whilst ensuring the HSEQA standards meet the verification requirements for ISO 9001 and ISO14001. The role involves travel throughout the UK and extensively within the region
A day in the life of a Regional HSEQA Manager will involve;
- Providing safe and suitable workplaces through hazard identification and risk assessment in each HSEQA discipline.
- Provide Legislative and Regulatory advice to the phs Management Team on all matters relating to HSEQA to ensure phs achieves and exceeds legal compliance.
- Provide HSEQA advice to ensure we meet all contractual and customer/ commercial compliance requirements.
- Manage and continually improve 9001, 14001 & 45001 management systems.
- Plan and conduct audits to standards that meet ISO internal audit status.
- Manage and coordinate the third party HSEQ audit process.
- Manage phs document control process.
- Produce and deliver staff inductions, training and briefings as identified by risk, project and legislative requirements.
- Collaborate with training to ensure suitable training packages are available to reduce risk.
- Liaise and communicate with external interested parties and phs stakeholders.
- Lead on all incidents and accident investigations.
- Be the liaison and interface between the phs sites and contractors, including contractor approval
- Be the point of contact for the HSE and Environment Agency.
- WAMITAB approved assessment and internal quality assurance (training provided).
- Environmental permit activities including application, variation and surrender.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following;
- An Auditors Qualification and have experience in ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001
- A member of IOSH
- Have at least 1 experience in a similar role
- Hold a full clean driving licence
- NEBOSH General Certificate, AIEMA are essential for the role
- WAMITAB technical competency for waste is desirable.
What benefits can we offer you?
- A competitive salary
- On-going career development
- Full PPE and inoculations where necessary
- Pension Scheme
- 31 Days Holiday per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Company Vehicle and lap-top
- Full company Induction and Training
- A 24-hour wellbeing helpline
- Discounts with UK retailers.
At phs, we pride ourselves on our diverse workforce, and ensuring we have an inclusive environment for all our staff. We remain committed to ensuring our teams can bring their true self to work without risk or fear of discrimination.