Tetra Tech is one of the largest and fastest growing environmental consultancies in the world with over 21,000 staff working in 100+ countries. As a relatively new addition to our UK Environment business, our Sustainability & Climate Resilience team is going from strength to strength as we pull together vast expertise from across the existing, established teams and recruit in new talent to enhance our skills in sustainability, net zero and climate. We are seeking an experienced Senior/Principal Consultant to join our team at this very exciting time.
The role is ideally suited to a consultant who is passionate about tackling climate change and ambitious in terms of their own career and for the future of the Sustainability & Climate Resilience team. They will manage several key client accounts, support the strategic growth and direction of the team, and contribute to the development of our project portfolio. The role would ideally suit someone with experience in net zero carbon management who has a sound understanding of UK and Northern Irish policy and regulatory regime. They will have experience of tendering for and managing projects.
Working with the Director of Sustainability & Climate Resilience, the Senior/Principal Consultant will join 185 Environmental colleagues within the UK and receive training, support and mentoring to develop their project management and leadership skills in line with their chosen career path. We offer flexible working, both in terms of time and location, and would support home-working.
Key duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Day-to-day client interface.
- Management and technical delivery of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions studies.
- Carbon based foot printing and consumption studies
- Life-cycle assessment
- Formal GHG reporting e.g. SECR, TCFD
- Baseline assessment, data gathering and reporting
- Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions monitoring.
- Climate change impact assessment.
- Climate change risk analysis.
- Assessment of future climate change and resilience scenarios.
- Adaption and resilience strategy.
- Management Systems ISO 14001 & 50001.
- A degree in environmental science, engineering or a related discipline
- Experience in a consultancy environment delivering Sustainability related work, particularly carbon foot printing, carbon reduction strategy development and implementation.
- Experience of voluntary and mandatory carbon reporting.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with an ability to manage and interpret data to inform effective decision making.
- The desire and ability to foster good working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Excellent communication and client coaching skills, with experience liaising with, engaging and presenting to a range of stakeholders.
- The successful candidate must be willing to travel, have a valid driver’s licence, work independently, and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
We offer a competitive salary, contributory pension, health cover and a range of flexible benefits including retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday (renewable annually). We promote flexible working and are open to discussing the possibility of reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times, compressed hours, or potential job shares.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy / maternity.