Job Title: Principal Consultants – EIA (Infrastructure)
Salary: Principal £42,000+ [Roles in London have a +£3,000 weighting]
Location: Central London ¦ Manchester ¦ others considered
Role Type: Full-Time Permanent (Part-Time also considered)
The Temple Group is one of the UK’s leading independent infrastructure and property consultancies, specialising in environment, ecology, planning and sustainability. Working with our clients, and with a team comprising many recognised industry leaders, we work on many exciting, complex, challenging and globally relevant projects, programmes and schemes and are proud of our many and varied achievements. We provide a bespoke professional service to clients so that they can make the right decisions and achieve the best outcomes, and we do thisby leveraging our experience and breadth of skills alongside our insights, commitment, and ethical approach.
Our work portfolio includes Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and other support for HS2, Transport for the North and Transport for London; support to construction of the Northern Line Extension, HS2 (including stations at London Euston and Birmingham Curzon Street); as well as iconic large scale property developments and urban regeneration schemes (such as Barking Riverside and Bishopsgate Goodsyard in London). We carry out a wide range of bespoke planning and environmental assessments – everything from air quality monitoring, Environmental Statement reviews, through to expert witness support in relation to aviation noise.
We are seeking energetic, enthusiastic, and experienced Principals to work within our Environmental Impact Assessment Infrastructure team, delivering and managing projects and helping to grow our business in this area as well as to further build Temple’s market presence.
The position is for an enthusiastic and motivated Principal in our EIA infrastructure team.
You need to be client focused with a positive and proactive attitude, excellent communication skills and happy to work as part of a team.
Working closely with other colleagues (including Acoustics, Air Quality, Environmental Management Consents, Digital Delivery, Ecology, Planning and Socio-economics teams), as well as external partners, you will deliver across a range of projects for diverse clients.
To be successful, you will have a thorough knowledge of EIA, including guidelines and the planning processes associated with infrastructure projects. You will also have a proven track record of managing and leading multidisciplinary teams for EIA, on time and on budget.
You would also be expected to have excellent project management, report writing and client liaison skills with a keen eye for detail and a positive attitude towards business development.
Other expectations would be to lead or contribute to bids for projects of all scales. The role within project delivery may be as project director, project manager, framework manager and/or technical lead. You would also be expected to assist with the training / mentoring of junior members of the team.
We expect the successful Principal candidate will have:
- a degree in a relevant discipline
- a track record of experience on infrastructure projects and programmes, particularly rail, road, energy and water infrastructure
- an active network of contacts in relevant infrastructure sectors
- experience of project managing EIA, environmental consenting and/or environmental construction management for infrastructure projects
- excellent communication and report writing skills
- a confident, client focussed approach
- energy, enthusiasm, attention to detail and a creative approach to problem solving
The following could also distinguish you from other candidates:
- advanced degrees in relevant disciplines
- a specialist in one or more of the traditional EIA disciplines, planning or sustainability
- people management experience
- relevant project management qualifications, such as APM, Prince 2 etc
- awareness and understanding of environmental management plans/CoCPs (or equivalent) to support construction projects
- experience with other relevant projects, and associated networks of contacts
Temple provides a wide range of training to its staff including in house workshops run by our experienced team; seminars and presentations from relevant industry professionals in a wide range of environmental, town planning and sustainability disciplines and external project management training