Environmental Consultant (Flood Risk Specialist with Contaminated Land)
The Consultant will primarily be involved in the delivery of in-house consultancy services, as well managing projects including out-sourced services. A third of your time will be spent supporting with the daily report workload as well as supporting and training more junior staff with all aspects of our in-house services. You will be responsible for taking on complex consultancy projects including the full range of our consultancy services and bespoke portfolio projects.
The role will involve:
- Reviewing Desktop Reports (all types) – 50% time spent
- Take responsibly for keeping up SLAs
- Writing and reviewing desktop reports (all levels of complexity)
- Undertaking consultancy work – 40% time spent
- Writing/reviewing contaminated land/flood consults
- Writing all levels of proposals for in-house contaminated land and flood consultancy products as well as the full range of out-sourced services
- Assisting or project managing a business area
- Project management for large scale due diligence/flood portfolios
- Undertaking and reviewing environmental audits (compliance and planning)/flood risk
- Technical review of third party Phase II reports/flood risk assessments with supervision from Senior Consult level
- Other projects e.g. product development and training – 10% time spent
- Coaching Assistant Consultants
- Undertaking training presentations to new employees
- Leading CPDs to clients
- Networking to promote new business
- Supports on technical aspects of new products/refresh of existing products
A Consultant – Flood Risk Specialist will have experience of working within the sector mastering core skills such as completion of and quoting/scoping flood surveys/audits, Flood Risk Assessments and associated services.
You are expected to be a flood specialist, however, experience in contaminated land (including environmental audits (due diligence, source and compliance type)) is desirable.
You will have a strong commercial awareness. You will support team leads and senior team with day-to-day workload management. For example: running Friday round ups, encouraging team participation on a daily basis, awareness of team goals and how to put measures on place to ensure they are met.
You will also have/be:
- BA/BSc (Hons) in an Environmental Science or a similar discipline such as Biology, Chemistry, Geography, Geology or GIS.
- Associate member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or the Chartered Institute of Water and Environmental Management. IEMA accredited Associate Environmental Auditor.
- Ability to write & review accurate desktop reports at all levels of complexity, complex regulatory consultation, standard in-house contaminated land and flood consultancy products and standard proposals.
- Project & Supplier Management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Argyll Environmental are part of the Landmark Information Group, with bright, modern offices in Brighton city centre. Argyll are contaminated land and flood risk specialists. We deliver environmental insight to the majority of the top law firms in the UK, along with other niche markets such as SIPPs, asset managers, architects and developers. Landmark are leading environmental and property data experts, so together we are well placed to offer innovative products and services to the wider market. Our work is varied and could be anything from a small project to help someone gain planning permission, to supporting national scale property portfolios. Regardless of the project, we pride ourselves on offering an unrivalled level of service for our clients.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Apply for Environmental Consultant (Flood Risk Specialist with Contaminated Land)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly