This placement is part of Race for Nature’s Recovery (www.race4nature.org.uk), a new programme working to improve the diversity of the environmental sector. This is an entry level role and is open to all young people that are eligible for Kickstart placements. We particularly welcome applications from young people who are: i) From BAME backgrounds; ii) Living in economically deprived areas of the UK; iii) Non-graduates.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Kickstarter who has an interest in environment and sustainability issues, an aspiration towards a career in customer relations / commercial marketing, a passion for learning new skills and a willingness to get stuck in from day one.
You should also be able to demonstrate an:
- Aptitude for learning how to use new software.
- Ability to understand and evaluate competing priorities.
- Ability, desire, and drive to solve challenges and think creatively.
- Interest in cultivating professional relationships with all levels of management and membership.
You will report directly to the Corporate Manager and the Training Manager.
This role will enable you to gain experience as part of the fast-paced Corporate and Training partnership teams in a growing organisation.
Your job role will include:
- Providing support to ensure Corporate Partnership & Training Partnership listings are up to date on IEMA.net
- Providing account management administrative support for our growing range corporate partners & Training partners.
- Supporting the effective lead generation and data capture for prospective partnerships.
- Being a conduit between our corporate partners and the IEMA Training team to drive course uptake from organisational partners.
- Providing any other administration support to the Commercial Team.
You may also be asked to support on projects and other office tasks as needed.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
- English and Maths GCSE (grade: A*- C or 9 – 4)
- Ability to quickly pick-up new tasks.
- Clear and confident verbal and written communicator.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office proficiently and confidently.
- A motivation to work from home with reduced supervision.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Ability to develop relationships with other people in the organisation and externally.
- Identify the basic structure of how to start and deliver a project.
- Manage your time and work effectively while delivering high quality outputs.
- Generate and present arguments for your ideas based on evidence and insight.
Details of employability support (training opportunities/mentor)
This placement is part of the Race for Nature programme, hosted by Action for Conservation, Generation Success, SOS-UK and Voyage Youth. The partnership will provide the following central training, support and mentoring to all our Kickstarters.
All Kickstarters placed through the programme will be part of a small cohort of individuals that undertake two days of comprehensive training before their placements start. This will be followed by regular ongoing online training, focussed on sector-relevant knowledge and understanding, resilience, leadership, employability, confidence and communication. Where appropriate, and as required, we will offer bespoke mentoring that supports individual young people to explore and progress their own personal development needs. In total there will be a minimum of 25 hours of training delivered by the core partnership managing the programme per Kickstarter through their placement.
Additionally, we will provide tailored knowledge-sharing activities, networking opportunities and celebratory events for our Kickstarters to address and advance their personal development and help them secure further employment within the sector. This will include a centralised communication campaign to celebrate and share highlights and learnings from the programme, and spotlight host organisations and young people.
We will support the host organisations to develop their internal capacity to embed diversity and inclusion at the highest levels of leadership, and action meaningful and long-lasting commitments to systemic change. This will include bespoke diversity and inclusion training for the senior leadership team of host organisations and/or the facilitation of reverse mentoring between the young people on placement and members of the senior leadership team.
In addition to the above, Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment will provide routine operational training relating to organisational processes and health and safety
As part of your development there will also be the opportunity to:
- Develop an innate understanding of the needs and requirements of effective customer relationship management.
- Learn to support customers from a broad spectrum of industries and countries.
- Gain an understanding of the requirements for customer focused product development.
- Work cross functionally across a broad set of departments.
- Personal development sessions with the Training and Development & Corporate Partnerships managers.
- Gain skills and knowledge on the commercial requirements of an organisation.
Job Placement location and address
Homebased with infrequent / occasional travel to a centrally based location, which is currently
Saracen House, Crusader Road, City Office Park, Tritton Park, Lincoln LN6 7AS
How to apply for the Job Placement
Please ensure KickStarter is included in the subject header of the email when applying.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Please also complete the Race to Nature diversity survey here: http://bit.ly/RNR_DM.
This is required as part of your application
Apply for Commercial Intern
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly