This placement is part of Race for Nature’s Recovery (www.race4nature.org.uk), a new programme working to improve the diversity of the environmental sector. It is open to all young people that are eligible for Kickstart placements. We particularly welcome applications from young people who are: i) From BAME backgrounds; ii) Living in economically deprived areas of the UK; iii) Non-graduates.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Kickstarter who has an interest in environment and sustainability issues and an aspiration towards a career in marketing or volunteer management. You will have an ability, desire, and drive to solve challenges and think creatively, a passion for learning new skills and a willingness to get stuck in from day one.
You will be part of a fast-paced marketing team in a growing organisation. Your purpose will be to increase engagement with existing members and ensure that IEMA’s profile and membership base continues to grow. You will do this by assisting the Marketing department to deliver digital events, empower regional volunteers and administer project delivery.
You should also be able to demonstrate an ability to:
- Assist volunteers to ensure the smooth running events
- Provide volunteers with feedback and key information about their digital events and members in their network.
- Ensure volunteers and event attendees are accurately recorded
- Provide the Membership Marketing Manager with assistance
- Provide any other administration support to the Marketing Team.
You will report directly to the Membership Marketing Manager
You may also be asked to support on projects and other office tasks as needed.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
- English and Maths GCSE (grade: A*- C or 9 – 4)
- Ability to quickly pick-up new tasks.
- Clear and confident verbal and written communicator.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office proficiently and confidently.
- A motivation to work from home with reduced supervision.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Ability to develop relationships with other people in the organisation and externally.
- Identify the basic structure of how to start and deliver a project.
- Write articles and blogs using existing research and content
- Manage your time and work effectively while delivering high quality outputs.
- Generate and present arguments for your ideas based on evidence and insight.
Details of employability support (training opportunities/mentor)
This placement is part of the Race for Nature programme, hosted by Action for Conservation, Generation Success, SOS-UK and Voyage Youth. The partnership will provide the following central training, support and mentoring to all our Kickstarters.
All Kickstarters placed through the programme will be part of a small cohort of individuals that undertake two days of comprehensive training before their placements start. This will be followed by regular ongoing online training, focused on sector-relevant knowledge and understanding, resilience, leadership, employability, confidence and communication. Where appropriate, and as required, we will offer bespoke mentoring that supports individual young people to explore and progress their own personal development needs. In total there will be a minimum of 25 hours of training delivered by the core partnership managing the programme per Kickstarter through their placement.
Additionally, we will provide tailored knowledge-sharing activities, networking opportunities and celebratory events for our Kickstarters to address and advance their personal development and help them secure further employment within the sector. This will include a centralised communication campaign to celebrate and share highlights and learnings from the programme, and spotlight host organisations and young people.
We will support the host organisations to develop their internal capacity to embed diversity and inclusion at the highest levels of leadership, and action meaningful and long-lasting commitments to systemic change. This will include bespoke diversity and inclusion training for the senior leadership team of host organisations and/or the facilitation of reverse mentoring between the young people on placement and members of the senior leadership team.
In addition to the above, Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment will provide routine operational training relating to organisational processes and health and safety.
As part of your development there will also be the opportunity to:
- Attend monthly professional development sessions, along with the Commercial Marketing Team, that will provide you with skills and knowledge in different areas of marketing.
- Attend an external training course that relates to your development needs for this role.
- Have mentoring sessions with the Membership Marketing Manager
- Gain skills and knowledge on different areas of marketing and membership engagement by working alongside an experienced marketing team.
Job Placement location and address
Homebased with infrequent / occasional travel to a centrally based location, which is currently
Saracen House, Crusader Road, City Office Park, Tritton Park, Lincoln LN6 7AS
How to apply for the Job Placement
Please ensure KickStarter is included in the subject header of the email when applying.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
lease also complete the Race to Nature diversity survey here: http://bit.ly/RNR_DM
This is required as part of your application