An opportunity is available for a QHSE Advisor (part time) to join a well-established and innovative energy technologies company, in their Aberdeen office.
This is a fixed term contract of up to a year, to cover maternity leave.
This role would suit someone looking for part time hours, circa 20-24 hours per week.
This is a company specialising in application if engineering & technology to provide sage, effective and quantifiable energy solutions to the oil & gas and renewable industries.
The QHSE Advisor is responsible for all QHSE matters for both the UK and Continental Europe. You will work closely with all departments to ensure a safe working environment and will report to both the UK Operations Manager and functionally to Headquarters HSE. Operationally, you will also advise local management.
- Responsible for preparing health and safety strategies and developing internal policy.
- Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risk could be reduced.
- Keeping records of inspections findings and producing reports with recommended improvements.
- Keeping records of incidents and accidents and producing statistics.
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge for any developments that affect the industry.
- Advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, safeguarding machinery etc.
- Making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation.
- Assist on development of local governing documents and best practices and secure compliance including the upkeep of the local HSE Manual.
- Handling and investigate incident reports.
- Lead or participate in Internal and External QHSE Audits and inspections on site and at base.
- Chair monthly Safety meetings.
- Assisting Management with QHSE inputs for client tenders and bids.
- Carry out the QHSE part of Employee inductions.
Salary on offer is up to £35,000 (pro-rata)