Environmental Engineer - FTC
3 days left
- Full Time
We are recruiting for a 1 year fixed term contract for an Environmental Engineer to manage environmental considerations at our semiconductor manufacturing facility.
The responsibilities of the role are:
- To ensure that a high quality and effective environmental management system is maintained within the company
- To ensure that all key members of staff are kept fully up-to-date regarding environmental management compliance requirements, their duties and how to discharge them
- To develop and implement policy documents, documentation, and guidelines to meet the requirements of environmental legislation & best practice
- To organise adequate training for current staff, new staff and contractors working on site
- To ensure that the Environmental Systems are operated and maintained to the highest level.
- To maintain links between the company and Natural Resources Wales (NRW), and all other relevant interested parties
- To oversee waste operations for the site, including management of the embedded contractor responsible for waste, as well as maintaining waste paperwork inc. legal requirements and ensuring that we use appropriate waste companies
- To audit and monitor all Environmental Permits & licenses held by the company such as EPR, ETS, effluent discharge etc. and continually improve them
- Attendance at various internal review boards to ensure environmental aspects are considered and the company maintains compliance.
- Assist in maintaining the sites ISO50001 Energy Management certification.
- Maintain an F-Gas register of all relevant equipment and process gases on site.
- Maintain an Environmental Aspect Assessment Programme ensuring planning, organisation, control monitoring and review measures are in place to minimise the potential for environmental impacts.
- To examine reports and investigate environmental incidents and report as necessary.
- To monitor all environment-related Emergency Response Team operations and training to improve the response in line with best practices
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BSc in Environmental Science / BSc/BEng in relevant engineering discipline
- IEMA/NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management (minimum AIEMA or equivalent)
- MSc in Environmental Management
- Full membership of IEMA (MIEMA)
- Formal training in ETS (GHG permitting), MCERTS, waste management, Environmental Permitting (EPR), CHPQA
- ≥3 years environmental experience in an industrial company
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
- Working knowledge of current environmental compliance requirements applicable to manufacturing
- Environmental audit experience (both internal and external)
- Knowledge of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Knowledge of Energy Management System (ISO 50001)
- Knowledge of lower tier COMAH as it relates to the environment
- Waste duty of care audit experience
- Strong training skills and technical familiarity with Energy and Environmental systems including ISO50001:2018 and ISO 14001:2015.
- Ability to work flexible hours and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in teams with the ability to empower and listen to others.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint at advanced level.
- Highly motivated, results-orientated with strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and other employees.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from regulatory agencies.
Apply for Environmental Engineer - FTC
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly