3 days left
- Full Time
VolkerRail is an established and experienced railway infrastructure contractor. We have a successful track record of delivering projects across the whole of the UK; working with Network Rail, London Underground as well as light rail and tram operating companies to enhance the national infrastructure.
As one of the UKs oldest railway contractors, with a history dating back over 80 years, we are passionate about the preservation and development of the railways. Our years of experience and continued company growth have earned us a reputation within the industry for high performance and innovation, and as a company focussed on timely and efficient delivery.
An opportunity has arisen for an Environmental Advisor to join the VolkerRail HSQES team. The role will join VolkerRail Specialist Businesses Signalling Division and will be based in Manchester, but will involve frequent travel to project sites across the UK.
Reporting to the VRSB Environment Manager, the role’s key duties will include:
- Providing support to the VRSB Environment Manager to further our corporate and framework environmental and social value objectives.
- Providing support and guidance to project and delivery teams with regards to environmental management, in particular waste, pollution control, noise & nuisance, biodiversity, carbon & energy.
- Producing project environmental management plans and documentation, and ensuring their effective briefing and cascade of controls through site documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring that project and delivery teams comply with both VolkerRail’s internal management systems, legislation and client requirements, including the collection, analysis and reporting of data to measure performance against objectives and targets – driving the business to continuously improve.
- Facilitating opportunities to add social value during project delivery through community engagement and volunteering.
You will be self-motivated with a pro-active approach and have experience of working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines. Integrity, problem solving, communication and good interpersonal skills are a key requirement for this role. The candidate must have an environment or science-related degree or equivalent. They must either hold, or be working towards, practitioner level membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA). The candidate shall ideally have the following experience/skill set:
- 2-3 years previous experience in a similar role is a requirement, ideally within the rail sector.
- Practical experience of effective implementation of ISO14001.
- Experience of liaising with regulatory authorities, the general public and the client is essential.
- Production of site-specific waste management plans and environmental management plans, including the identification of significant aspects and impacts and implementing Best Practicable Means.
- Ability to produce contract statistical environmental information and undertake environmental inspections/audits to ensure where necessary corrective plans are successfully developed and implemented.
- Development, implementation and monitoring of environmental and social value plans for the company.
- Proficient in MS office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Good communication and organisational skills.
VolkerRail Group offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits that includes pension and other benefits commensurate to your skills and experience.
Committed to equality of opportunity and diversity.