QUALITY AND ENERGY MANAGER
2 days left
- Full Time
QUALITY AND ENERGY MANAGER
Bywaters is one of the UK’s leading providers of material management solutions. We provide a range of support to help our clients improve their environmental performance which includes; segregated waste collections, developing strategic recycling programmes, delivering educational talks and training courses for members of staff.
Working with Bywaters is a true partnership; we value our employees just as much as we care about the environment, which is why we consider your personal development and professional satisfaction vital to our future success. If you’re a like- minded individual ready to take the next step in your career then this might be for you!
Your new role:
As Quality and Energy Manager you will be responsible for managing the businesses ISO systems (9001, 50001, 14001). This includes management of internal and external audit processes with assistance from colleagues in the HSEQ and other departments.
Other duties will include monitoring of the company carbon footprint and providing data for statutory financial reporting. Representing the business at industry trade bodies (e.g. Environmental Services Association). Embedding a culture of quality, consistency and continuous improvement across the business.
This role will include:
- Responsible for the Quality Management System (ISO 9001:2015) and Energy Management System (ISO 50001:2018) of the whole company.
- Responsibility for Environmental Management System (ISO 14001:2015)
- Oversee possible implementation of new Management System standards as required (e.g. 22301 Business Continuity)
- Possibly move to integrate systems and corresponding external audit processes
- Provide environmental engineering support to operational and development projects and for tendering purposes
- Act as Bywaters’ representative at the Dry Recycling Group held quarterly by the Environmental Services Association (ESA)
- Oversee BMS, working with departmental managers, to ensure it is utilised and kept up to date.
- Ensuring that changes within the business are updated on BMS and any impact on other departments are reviewed by Management.
- Working with all HSEQ team members to ensure compliance with current legislation and best practice, ensuring that any new legislative changes are brought to the attention of the responsible Director in a timely manner for appropriate action
- Main participant during external audit processes conducted by the Environment Agency, BSI (external EMS auditor) and customers
- Responsible for the update of the Working Plan and the implementation of legislation across the Company. This includes the implementation of Schedule 9A of Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2014
- Responsible for the monitoring and reporting of the company’s carbon footprint
- Acts as representative of the Company when liaising with the Environment Agency, customers and the general public
- Acts as Bywaters’ representative for Environmental Awareness Days at Bywaters and occasionally customers’ sites and other exhibitions
- Responsible for all staff environmental induction
- Working on other projects as directed by senior managers and Directors
- Ensure Audits are carried out as necessary personally undertaking audits if required
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Essential: Excellent interpersonal & communication skills both written and verbal
- Essential: Track record with some of ISO 50001, 9001 and 14001 standards
- A recognised University Degree in a field relevant to environmental management
- Previous recycling waste and environmentally –related experience
Reference and Security checks:
- Full reference checks prior to employment confirmation
Bywaters is an equal opportunities employer
Apply for QUALITY AND ENERGY MANAGER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly