2 days left
- Full Time
Acclaro Advisory is a specialist sustainability consultancy that provides organisations with a range of environmental and social sustainable business solutions. We have a network of clients ranging from multinational corporations to SMEs, government bodies and NGOs. We specialise in four key topics of sustainability: Energy management, Zero carbon business strategy, Responsible business management and Social Value creation.
Acclaro is an agile small business in a fast-moving environment and is set to expand rapidly. We work in partnership with our clients and advise them on the strategic direction that they should take to allow them to not only comply with environmental and social regulations, but to go beyond and help build a sustainable future. We help clients build competitive advantage and leadership status through credible sustainability strategies.
We are based in our Wokingham office, near Reading, but offer the freedom to combine remote independent working with office-based collaboration and teamwork. Hard work is rewarded to motivated individuals with fast career progression, client contact and industry exposure. Employees can learn from our specialist team of consultants with a raft of experience in the industry.
Acclaro prides itself on creating long lasting relationships with clients and delivering excellence in our work. We expect the candidate to live up to the company values and adopt the culture of the workplace. To show us that you have read this job description throughout, please list Acclaro’s company values (found on our website) in your email containing your cover letter and CV.
The Individual we are looking for
We are looking for an individual that holds broad knowledge in sustainability, with at least 3 years of working within the industry delivering either in-house sustainability, consultancy services, or within an NGO that operates across the environmental and social spectrum. They will have experience in building client relationships and project managing the delivery of sustainability programmes. They will feel confident in discussing how sustainability is managed and embedded across the business, while requesting evidence, being inquisitive and identifying gaps in how an organisation manages its approach. This is not a compliance-based approach, but one that looks to create competitive advantage or sector leadership through improving social and environmental impacts.
- Project manage the delivery of clients’ sustainability programmes in collaboration with colleagues under the guidance of a Project Director
- Be able to interpret corporate reporting data and use the information to identify risks and opportunities
- Create and run stakeholder engagement exercises and prepare materiality assessments
- Conduct Responsible Business audits against a qualitative framework across different areas of a business – Corporate governance, embedded sustainability, corporate culture, supply chain and building operations.
- Produce audit reports and engage with the business to provide feedback and guidance to help drive improvement
- Provide the primary day to day contact point for clients, nurturing client relationships and ensuring excellent communication that builds trust
The candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in working on sustainability projects as a consultant or as an in-house corporate sustainability professional
- The ability to confidently build and manage client relationships
- An appreciation of the commercial context of sustainability
- A good understanding of the principles of net zero carbon and science-based targets
- Strong technical skills in environmental and social impact management
- The ability to conduct audits, identify gaps in sustainability performance and prepare reports
- A working knowledge of common reporting frameworks
- Ability to perform highly on multiple projects and deliver them to time and budget.
- Excellent English oral and written skills; strong presentation skills
- You must have the right to work in the UK
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a cover letter that explains why you think you are the right fight for this position to email@example.com. The closing deadline for applications is 25th April 2021.
Apply for Sustainability Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly