Consultants / Senior Consultants / Principal Consultants / Environmental Management and Consents
Job Title: Consultants ¦ Senior Consultants ¦ Principal Consultants Environmental Management and Consents
Salary: Consultant £22,500+ ¦ Senior £32,000+ ¦ Principal £42,000+
[Roles in London have a +£3,000 weighting]
Location: Central London ¦ Manchester ¦ others considered
Role Type: Full-Time Permanent
The Temple Group is one of the UK’s leading independent infrastructure and property consultancies, specialising in environment, ecology, planning and sustainability. Working with our clients, and with a team comprising many recognised industry leaders, we work on many exciting, complex, challenging and globally relevant projects, programmes and schemes and are proud of our many and varied achievements. We provide a bespoke professional service to clients so that they can make the right decisions and achieve the best outcomes, and we do this by leveraging our experience and breadth of skills alongside our insights, commitment, and ethical approach.
Our work portfolio includes: Environment Management and Consents Support for HS2, Crossrail and Transport for London; iconic large scale property developments and urban regeneration schemes such as Barking Riverside and consents support for the construction delivery of Euston Station. We carry out a wide range of bespoke planning and environmental assessments – everything from air quality monitoring, Environmental Statement reviews, through to environment management and consents on large scale projects.
We are seeking energetic, enthusiastic and experienced consultants across a range of grades to work within our Environmental Management and Consents team, delivering and managing projects and helping to grow our business in this area as well as to further build Temple’s market presence.
The positions are for enthusiastic and motivated Consultants, Seniors and Principals who will be part of the Environmental Management and Consents team and work closely with the business unit lead.
The ideal candidates will be comfortable in attending client’s sites, travelling to them and conducting meetings with their staff as necessary. We are looking for experience on site, delivering training and stakeholder management.
All roles will work closely with our internal teams (including Acoustics, Air Quality, Digital Delivery, Ecology and EIA Infrastructure and Property) and a wide range of external partners, to deliver across a range of projects.
For Consultants and Senior Consultants, we would appreciate specialist knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Environment management process and discharging of environmental consents;
- CEEQUAL/BREEAM/Carbon Footprint; and
- Waste/Contaminated Land.
For Principal Consultants we would appreciate specialist knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Preparation and delivery of Consent Management Plans and maintaining consents registers;
- Preparation of material to support pre- submission discussions;
- Liaison with Consenting Authorities; and Construction knowledge and background working through design and construction sequencing; and Integrated Management Systems including Environment management processes.
Principals will be expected to lead or contribute to bids for projects of all scales. Their role within project delivery may be as project director, project manager, framework manager and/or technical lead. They would also be expected to assist with the training / mentoring of junior members of the team.
Demonstrable knowledge of environment management and consents.
We expect the successful Consultant and Senior candidates will:
- Have 2-5+ years of relevant experience within the environment, planning and sustainability sectors;
- A Bachelor’s/master’s degree in Environmental Management or equivalent appropriate subject area and a member of a recognised competent professional body;
- Demonstrable experience of writing CoCPs, CEMPs, SWMPs and environment input into other construction documentation such as method statements for property developments and infrastructure projects;
- Good knowledge and practical experience of legal requirements including experience of obtaining and complying with environmental consents and permits and briefing these to construction staff in workshops or Toolbox talks;
- Ability to monitor and report on environmental KPI data;
- Have experience working in and managing multidisciplinary project teams working to tight deadlines and strict budgets;
- Have demonstrable experience in bid preparation and wider business development – be a proven work winner; and work stream projects, possibly in parallel or conflicting timescales.
We expect the successful Principal candidates will:
- Have 8+ years of relevant experience within the environment, planning and sustainability sectors;
- Demonstrable experience of writing CoCPs Ability to monitor and report on consents KPI data;
- Ability to develop and provide consent related supporting materials such as consent briefings/handovers and consent plans;
- an active network of contacts in Environmental Management and Consents sectors; and
- have project management and people management experience.
If you are interested in this role, please send a covering letter to email@example.com, stating your current salary, the role/position/grade you are applying for. Please also attach a copy of your latest full CV
Temple provides a wide range of training to its staff including in house workshops run by our experienced team; seminars and presentations from relevant industry professionals in a wide range of environmental, town planning and sustainability disciplines and external project management training.