Health & Safety Waste Manager
2 days left
- Full Time
Salary: Competitive – With car or Car allowance
Location: Midlands or North England
Place of work: Nationwide
phs operates 65 operations centres’ in a diverse range of sectors including engineering, distribution, apparel supply, horticulture and is the UK’s leading hygiene solutions services provider. A fast-paced environment with c 2000 vehicles operating nationwide. The hygiene business produces c56,000 tonnes of offensive waste and c7,000 tonnes of clinical waste per annum in compliance with bespoke waste permits and licences. This exciting role requires delivery of the group integrated quality, environmental and safety strategy, including accredited training delivery. The right candidate will be a H&S and waste management compliance expert and will be joining a dynamic Quest team, reporting directly to the Head of Quest.
The successful candidate will support the Group to deliver the PHS Safety and Environmental policy including training, internal audit, coaching, project support, permit and waste management licence applications and variations, duty of care audits and the provision of practical cost effective solutions as required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Drive a Health, Safety and Environment strategy, that delivers the sustainable development and corporate social responsibility standards at PHS.
- Work within the QuES team, to embed and continually improve PHS’s compliance culture.
- Actively monitor employee engagement and participation in QuESt initiatives to further embed the safety culture at PHS.
- Implement change programs identified by legal or continual improvement requirements.
- Contribute to training activities in relation to health, safety and environmental management.
- Promote management ownership of the Group safety management, environmental and quality management system.
- Provide internal audits that meet ISO standard requirements relation to safety, quality and environmental matters.
- Support teams during external accreditation audits including ISO 9001, ISO 45001, ISO 9001, CHAS and Safe contractor.
- Understand all safety, environmental, dangerous goods and product legislation applicable to the business, and support site teams with guidance to comply.
- Maintain professional competence to Tech IOSH and PIEMA.
- Hold a Degree in a relevant subject, Engineering or management.
- Tech IOSH and PIEMA; or the ability to join the professional bodies at this level by having NEBOSH general or AIEMA qualifications.
- Working knowledge of Environmental Permitting or Waste Management licencing requirements including fire prevention planning.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a HSE manager and have worked in the waste industry.
- Experience of working in a multi-site operation with complex structure and various stakeholders
- Ability to engage and influence at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent cross-group collaboration, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Proficiencies in all Microsoft programs especially Excel and outlook.
- Training qualifications TAQA or Train the trainer.
- Dangerous goods safety advisor
- Lean efficiency experience (6 sigma)
- Has worked in or managed a similar team.
Apply for Health & Safety Waste Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly