John Sisk & Son Limited are excited to be recruiting for a Sustainability Advisor in the UK to join our expanding Sustainability Team. This role is a national role working across all our projects in the UK from civils to new build housing and commercial andwill be reporting to the Sustainability Manager.
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate based in the Midlands or North West to focus on our growing portfolio of projects across this area.
The successful Sustainability Advisor will have responsibilities including the following:
- Conducting internal audits/ inspections of Sisk construction sites and offices
- Supporting and facilitating external ISO 14001 audits
- Developing and maintaining our Environmental Management System
- Investigating environmental incidents and supporting the business to implement controls to prevent a repeat occurrence
- Development and preparation of KPI and management reports
- Supporting tender and prequalification teams
- Delivering environmental training to project teams as required
- Being the point of contact for environmental matters and liaise with regulatory bodies
The successful Sustainability Advisor will have:
- Relevant degree and/ or professional qualification
- Full UK driver’s licence and flexibility to travel
- Knowledge of construction specific environmental risks
- Internal/ Lead Auditor for ISO 14001 (desirable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
In return the successful Sustainability Advisor will receive:
- A competitive salary
- Car/ Car allowance
- Private pension scheme
- 26 days annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays) and option to purchase 5 more each calendar year
It is an exciting time at Sisk with the recent launch of our 2030 Sustainability Roadmap… come and be a part of it!
For further information or to apply today please contact Sarah-Jane Davies, Sustainability Manager at email@example.com.