Health, Safety and Environment Advisor
Orthios (the group) is an ambitious company, dedicated to the creation of the Eco Park business and employment opportunities. Our head office includes a unique team of experts providing service support to our subsidiary Eco Park and Energy Centre based in Holyhead in Anglesey, specialising in sustainable energy, polymer processing, architecture, design and project delivery.
Our site at Holyhead is unique in the region benefitting from excellent road, rail, and sea transport links which are particularly beneficial for the operation. We are developing the site with green energy that serves a circular economy as its core. The current focus of the business is to develop a process that will convert plastics to oil, and this is seen as the main focus for the coming years.
In our business, health, safety, environment and customer focus are essential, and we are looking to expand our existing dynamic and innovative team with this opportunity for an experienced HSE Advisor who can maximise our operating performance, ensuring that compliance to health, safety and environment standards are met, and exceeded.
The Role – Health, Safety and Environment Advisor
Reporting to and assisting the HSE Manager, as the HSE Advisor you will support the promotion, implementation and organisation of HSE to ensure the group manages its risk profile appropriately.
Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Assisting in the development and quality of HSE systems and practices to optimise skilled and trained resources
- Conducting inspections, audits and administrative tasks that surround the day to day operations, whilst maintaining a visual site presence
- Fostering a culture which leads to a highly motivated and committed workforce to attain zero injuries or illnesses
This is a varied role, including the need to be hands on where required. There are many projects ongoing within the business, which you may be required to manage, contribute to, or implement.
You will be part of a highly motivated and committed workforce, within a company culture where personal development, effective communication, and maintenance of a professional, respectful environment is at the core.
As the HSE Advisor, you will work from our site in Holyhead, and you will benefit from:
- A salary in the region of £26,000 to £36,000 with the level dependent on experience and qualifications
- Excellent scope for further career development and progression
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 4% employer contributory pension scheme based on qualifying salary
- Access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to retailer discounts
We encourage a healthy work life balance, with supportive diversity and equality policies around working arrangements.
Our Requirements – HSE Advisor
- Proven experience in a similar role encompassing HSE gained within a regulated environment such as manufacturing, oil, petrochemical or civil construction
- Have an industry recognised qualification such as the NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent
- Experience of driving positive behavioural change
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- IT literate, with good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Full UK driving licence
All applications for this Health, Safety and Environment Advisor vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.