Environmental, Sustainability and Waste Manager
Job Title: Environmental, Sustainability and Waste Manager
Salary: Up to £42,000 Plus Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Are you an experienced Environmental, Sustainability and Waste Manager looking to take your next step in your career?
If so then we may well have the ideal opportunity for you!
Environmental, Sustainability and Waste Manager Job Introduction:
Are you passionate about environment? Are you also a professional with a proven track record in managing environment, sustainability and waste? How does working for the 18th largest company in the world sounds to you?
A great vacancy has become available due to an internal promotion for Environmental, Sustainability and Waste Manager to join our contract with a household name Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) manufacturer. You should be able to create and deliver a Sustainability plan, you should have a good working knowledge of Environmental legislation (especially permits/licences), environmental systems audits and waste reduction. A good financial sense will earn you some serious brownie points.
This role offers the opportunity to make a difference, diverse network and a large scope with global exposure and influence contract-wise. Along with flexibility due to having no fixed place of work, great team and fantastic development opportunities, we offer a salary up to £42,000, bonus, flexible benefits and a car.
Environmental, Sustainability and Waste Manager Role Responsibility:
- You will be meticulous with data, with an ability to work with large complex datasets to report on waste quantities and trends whilst benchmarking performance.
- Advising the client on how to reduce, reuse and recycle their food manufacturing waste.
- Review the use of single use plastic and eliminate this across the contract as far as reasonably practicable to do so.
- Review waste opportunities and improvements across Technical, Cleaning, Catering, Security and Food Services
- Ability to deal with senior clients and meet expectation whilst adhering to Sodexo values.
- Ability to review forthcoming Environmental and Sustainability legislation and ensure internal and client processes are reviewed to ensure full compliance.
- Sustainability Waste and Environmental Manager to track waste trends, waste data and implement innovations to meet waste objectives and agreed budgets.
- Waste Sustainability Project management as agreed with SHE Manager and Client Relationship director
The Ideal Environmental, Sustainability and Waste Manager:
- Graduate or relevant work experience
- Experience of working in Environmental and Sustainable roles, preferably for international clients.
- Experience and practical Knowledge of the waste industry ideally in FMCG.
- Experience of working successfully with accrediting and regulatory bodies and implementing associated programmes.
- Experience of managing expectations on multiple sites and stakeholders
- Influencing skills
About the Company:
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Environmental, Sustainability and Waste Manager to join a highly reputable business that encourages career progression and offers a fantastic salary along with excellent company benefits. If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to carry out this role then apply below today.